About the job
Who We Are:
About IMG Academy
IMG Academy is the world’s leading sports education brand, providing a holistic education model that empowers student-athletes to win their future, preparing them for college and for life. IMG Academy provides growth opportunities for all student-athletes through an innovative suite of on-campus and online experiences:
- Boarding school and camps, via a state-of-the-art campus in Bradenton, Florida
- Online coaching via the IMG Academy+ brand, with a focus on personal development through the lens of sport and performance
- Online college recruiting, via the NCSA brand, providing content, tools, coaching and access to a network of 40,000 college coaches
The Account Executive, Group & Event Sales will be responsible for showcasing creativity in creating and landing new business opportunities where target customers will be identified and sales will be driven to achieve departmental goals. This position is responsible for working across multiple verticals and departments to coordinate group & team outreach efforts and provide general support to all sales operations. Duties to include prospecting sales, account management, sales operational support and project-based work for the achievement of revenue generation, and long-term goals in line with IMG Performance/Academy’s vision and values. This individual will work primarily with the outreach, marketing, sports and business development departments.
Bring your polish, personality, and competitive edge front and center in this multi-faceted role focused on generating revenue through creating and maintaining strong relationships with all levels of clientele looking to utilize IMG Academy Facilities.
- Generate revenue and achieve individual and team sales targets for IMG Academy as set by the Director of Team and Group Sales
- Areas of emphasis include - Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field
- Responsible for selling full menu of products including facilities, hotel rooms, meeting spaces and food and beverage options.
- Generate and maintain clients through prospecting, networking and retention
- Provide professional and consistent communication with all current and potential clients
- Create and maintain accurate business pipeline for a minimum 24 months out
- Coordinate and executes sales calls with potential clients through prospecting, referrals and retainment.
- Successfully obtain all necessary information from sales call and disseminate needed information to all parties from booking date through event completion (event revenues, pipelines, contract status and fulfillment, fulfillment of financial obligations, etc.)
- Facilitate internal communication between Group & Team Sales Manager, Director of Team and Group Sales, Accounting, Sport Directors and customers by streamlining processes and working collectively to reach sales goals
- Ensure all logistical details are prepared and finalized prior to customer’s arrival, and when necessary, assist, in the operational delivery of hosting events and groups on campus
- Responsible for the communication of financial status from booking date through reservation
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiate contract specifics to achieve maximum profitability while attaining customer needs.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas team and program outreach and execution
- Demonstrate and deliver positive communication and knowledge of IMG Academy and its programs
- Complete any projects assigned by the Director of Team and Group Sales or the Group Sales Manager such as weekly and monthly reports, data entry, prospect mailings, generation of sales tools, and other outreach functions
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably group or team sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with cold calling, following up on leads and generating pipelines
- Strong decision making, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, OPERA, VenueOps and database creation/management
- Expertise in Sales Software (CRM); ability to use software to its maximum capability including but not limited to producing reports, data entry, data integrity and data qualification
- Experience with budgets and expense oversight
- Familiar with legal documents
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced organization
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in sports management, business or marketing
- Experience in dealing with international clientele
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug test upon offer
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfect with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Get to know us better:
IMG Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.