Account Executive, Sports - New York Post
Account Executive, Sports
The New York Post delivers the best in News, Sports, Entertainment and Pop Culture with wit, irreverence and authority. Over the past 220 years, The Post has evolved into a multi-platform media company spanning print, digital, video, audio, app, television and commerce.
Known as the “Best Sports in Town”, the New York Post is staffed with well known sports columnists who have inside access both on and off the field. We continue to expand our coverage through Post Action, our betting section, exclusive membership via Post Sports+ and ongoing original sports video content.
We are looking for an accomplished Account Executive to help identify business opportunities, turn leads into long lasting partnerships, and manage client relationships. The ideal candidate is passionate about sports, and will have at least 2 years of sports sales experience (with online video sales experience a plus) in a major market with direct and agency media experience.
This New York-based role will report into the NYP Sports Ad Sales Director, and will play a pivotal role in the end-to-end sales cycle, responsible for preserving and expanding the customer base.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, and convert them into long term partnerships, with a results-driven approach to leveraging our sports-related content
- Collaborate with internal partners to drive revenue and meet/exceed established sales targets
- Offers solution that help clients achieve their business goals
- Close business to meet set sales target
- Deliver compelling sales presentations with confidence
- Prioritize client relations: maintain productive & timely client communication to ensure partner satisfaction and enhance the buyer experience
- Monitor competition to continually prospect new account leads
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Solid agency/client direct relationships within the digital media space
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to build relationships
- Proven experience in media sales or a similar sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of market research tools and prospecting techniques, including Media Radar, Winmo, etc.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about sports (and sales!)
- An organized, accountable, and self motivated
- A fast learner and results driven
Note: The NY Post adheres to a hybrid work model.
Salary Range: $50,000- $145,000
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Accordingly, offers extended for this role will include an annual bonus target typically expressed as percentage of salary. Similarly to salary, set annual incentive bonus targets are based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice, experience, tenure, and essential skills.
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.