Angel City is building a world-class organization to support its ambitions to redefine sports and entertainment. Our vision is to create engaging and unique content across multiple platforms to bring the purpose-driven mission of this Club to the world.
We are stronger together, have more impact together, and have more fun together!
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Medical & Performance, the Assistant Athletic Trainer assists the Head Athletic Trainer and Performance Department in managing the day-to-day sports medicine operations of Angel City FC. In this capacity, the Assistant Athletic Trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for players’ medical problems. The role reports to the Director of Medical and Performance and collaborates closely with the Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapists, Head of Sports Science, Sports Performance Coach, Nutritionist, Head Coach, Director of Soccer Operations, and General Manager.
- Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the healthcare of Angel City FC players. Health care includes, but is not limited to, first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date roster of player health and participation records in the league-provided electronic medical record system
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team including Chief Medical Officer, team physicians, Director of Medical & Performance, Head Athletic Trainer, physical therapists, dieticians, massage therapists, sports scientists, chiropractors, performance coaches, and interns
- Create a culture and environment of high performance, commitment and excellence through education, collaboration, feedback and continual learning
- Coordinate internal communications through the appropriate channels, including collecting, collaborating, preparing and delivering reports on departmental function
- Complete all administrative work pertaining to the player’s medical insurance
- Comply with all NWSL standards, including compiling required reports, recording and documenting injured players and player treatments, participating in activities and programs as required by NWSL
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as it pertains to information surrounding the players and the club
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, colleagues and league staff
- Seek out and actively participate in continuing education and professional development opportunities in the field of sports medicine
- Order, maintain, and keep an inventory of supplies and clinical equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized athletic training room and clinic
- Comply with OSHA standards with regard to blood borne pathogens
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of Athletic Training
- Previous experience working with elite athletes in a team sport setting preferably soccer
- Understanding of and application of data driven rehabilitation
- Other pertinent certifications related to healthcare and well-being of athletes
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer, in good standing
- Minimum four (4) year bachelor’s degree from a CAATE approved program or two (2) year entry level master’s degree from CAATE approved program.
- Current CPR & AED certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
Perks & Benefits
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Snacks and beverages
- Complimentary tickets to home games
- Bi-annual performance reviews
In addition to the benefits above, this role has a pay range between $65k-$70k exempt.
Angel City believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us who we are; welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proudly building an inclusive Angel City team.