About the job
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, Epic Series™ mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and other multisport races.
The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually with the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. For more information about The IRONMAN Group visit: www.ironman.com.
At The IRONMAN Group, our mission is to celebrate the power of the human spirit, fulfill dreams and uplift communities by organizing world-class events and extraordinary athletic experiences, globally. We accomplish this through our amazing staff across the globe who are committed to our core values - Heart, Excellence, Ambition, Respect and Teamwork (HEART).
The Athlete Services/Operations Intern is responsible for supporting warehouse responsibilities at our Louisville, Colorado warehouse location as well as assisting the Athlete Services team in event specific inboxes. We are seeking a student pursuing their Bachelor’s degree who is comfortable in a warehouse setting and able to assist in customer service correspondence.
- Assist with Athlete Services post-race shipping requests
- Includes making labels through FedEx, packing shipments in the warehouse, and shipping them through FedEx
- Assist with general event inboxes as needed
- Answering customer services tickets through the platform D365
- Assist with warehouse tasks as needed with the Supply & Logistics team
- Encounters problems which are varied and nonroutine
- Requires basic problem-solving techniques to clearly define problems
- Identifies the most appropriate option/solution to adjust or improve existing approaches
- Requires objective review of difficult work problems, obtaining cooperation or approval
- Exchanges standard technical or non-technical information with colleagues and immediate superiors and/or customers
- May be required to interpret or clarify technical information to aid understanding
- Interprets or explains data or information to deliver messages
- Audience may not be knowledgeable about the subject matter
- Impact is short-term
- Scope of impact will be at the department level and related activities outside of own team
- Activities limited to monthly/quarterly planning
- Accountable for the on-time delivery of own work and that of others
- Performance measured against predefined annual objectives
- Be in the progress of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Event Management, or Sport Management
- Must be available at the Louisville office once per week
Skills And Knowledge
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Strong sense of urgency with a positive can-do attitude
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be familiar with Microsoft platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess keen attention to detail given the fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate needs
- Must be hands-on, able to multi-task, and have strong time-management skills
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in identifying and analyzing problems, and developing solutions
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; including presentation skills
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.