Business Development Intern | CORPORATE
About the job
The Oak View Group (“OVG”) Business Development Internship offers participants an opportunity to work in respect of investments in professional sports and entertainment facilities across a broad range of arena development components, including but not limited to financial / investment analysis, project sourcing, and pre-development design. Responsibilities will include developing market overviews of cities to determine viable arena / venue investments, research and data collection on prospective and established stadia / arena, and an introduction to financial modeling and partnership negotiations.
Throughout the nine-week internship, participants will gain a thorough understanding on how deals transition from the project pipeline to the construction phase and into operations. Interns will also collaborate with other departments, including OVG Global Partnerships and the booking teams in order to best understand the facility management industry.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $20 per hour.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Research and compile demographic information for various markets
- Assist in the creation of lender presentations and other investor materials to help secure financing necessary to fund arena construction
- Assist with business development strategies and investment opportunity analysis
- Collaborate with local operations teams to improve operational efficiency for OVG owned and operated venues (Climate Pledge Arena, UBS Arena, Moody Center, etc.)
- Participate in group conference calls
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strategic and analytical mindset
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage time and multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Passionate about sports and live entertainment industry
- Open to students of all majors
$20.00 / hour