The U.S. Center for SafeSport is a non-profit organization focused on ending all forms of abuse in sport. We endeavor to make athlete well-being the centerpiece of the nation’s sports culture through abuse prevention, education, and accountability.
This Communications and Engagement Manager will support the implementation of the Center’s strategic communications plan to foster trust among athlete communities and raise awareness of the Center as a resource. The Communications and Engagement Manager will also manage the execution of the Center’s athlete engagement strategy with a focus on abuse prevention in sport.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify and coordinate media opportunities featuring Center staff, board members, and stakeholders, including video and photo shoots
· Create and maintain a comprehensive media list
· Track all media inquiries, responses, and subsequent stories
· Monitor the media inbox and respond to inquiries as needed
· Draft content for news releases, blog posts, columns, social media and other materials as needed
· Use online media management tools to:
o Identify and curate lists of new media outlets to target, especially publications that amplify athlete voices
o Spearhead cold outreach to micro-targeted publications
o Create performance reports and identify trends
· Develop ideas for creative pitches to new outlets
· Work collaboratively with Marketing on earned media strategies to advance awareness campaigns
· Lead the SafeSport Athlete Advisory Team (SAAT), fostering relationships with individual members and the group as a whole
· Maintain member list and track SAAT recruitment needs
· Set SAAT calendar, administer all meetings, including developing agendas, taking minutes, and circulating follow-up materials
· Devise and support existing strategies to deploy SAAT members as ambassadors for the Center
· Identify topics for content development that would spur SAAT member participation in Center communications
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years’ experience in roles focused on relationship building, conducting outreach, writing, athlete communications, and/or media relations
· Strong communication and facilitation skills with the ability to adapt based on audience and setting
· Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
· Prior sports background with an athlete perspective preferred
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven success in leading stakeholder groups to achieve outcomes
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
· Ability to inform, and/or present to varied audiences
· Experience organizing and facilitating focus groups and/or roundtables to elicit feedback
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the Center’s mission
· Thorough understanding of sexual, emotional and physical misconduct, and best practice prevention strategies preferred
· Experience working with survivors of abuse and an understanding of trauma-informed responses preferred
· Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally to accomplish job duties (as needed)
· Ability to perform administrative tasks, including maintaining and tracking contact lists
· Thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail
· Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information
· Adaptability, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team and in an individual capacity
· Perform multiple computer functions including word processing, spreadsheets and basic desktop publishing
· Possess strong initiative and problem-solving abilities
· Demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow with the organization
WORK REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENT
· Standard office equipment
· Office environment in multi-story, dog-friendly building
· Some night and weekend work hours
· Some overnight travel required
WORK LOCATION – Remote.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range for this position is $65,800 – 83,600, and will be commensurate with background and experience.
Benefits include PTO for vacation, sick and holidays; 6 weeks paid parental leave after 6 months of service; medical, vision and dental insurance options; employer paid life and disability policies; 401k with up to 5% savings match.
Visit our applicant portal (hit ‘Search for Jobs’) to submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary Requirements: https://safesport.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Applications submitted by XXX may receive priority consideration, the position may remain posted until filled.
Please direct all questions (not applications) to email@example.com
Pursuant to the Empowering Olympic, Paralympic, and Amateur Athletes Act of 2020 no applicant shall be considered within two (2) years of employment and/or board service of the USOPC or National Governing Body.
U.S. Center for SafeSport is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
$65,800 – 83,600