About the job
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Reports To: Community Relations Department
Location: Arizona Cardinals (Tempe, AZ)
Duration: 12 months
Cardinals Organizational Summary
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is a professional football team within the National Football League (NFL). The Cardinals compete in the National Football Conference (NFC) West division and call State Farm Stadium in Glendale their home stadium.
As one of the oldest pro football franchises in the U.S., the Cardinals Club has established itself as a sport and cultural hallmark within Arizona, developing a family-oriented culture that strives to be a championship team on the field, in the community, and as an organization. Over the years, the organization not only continues to grow its fanbase and reach within the local community but also prides itself in maintaining a diverse and dedicated workforce.
If you want to join an organization that values safety, courtesy, efficiency, experience, diversity, and longevity, we would love for you to join our team. Learn more about the Arizona Cardinals and see what’s happening here .
This internship will provide support within all facets of the Community Relations Department with all outreach events, programs, and initiatives. The internship will require additional evening and weekend hours as dictated by the department’s events and responsibilities.
Primary Job Duties
The Community Relations Intern will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation the following:
- Assist with planning and executing team community outreach events, including NFL initiatives such as Salute to Service, Crucial Catch, Inspire Change, and others
- Assist with managing Arizona Cardinals CR Instagram, keeping the account constantly updated with community relations events and activities
- Manage Community Relations inventory, including appearance jerseys, equipment and promotional items
- Assist with the event planning and management of all player appearances, visits and special events
- Manage community relations contact databases
- Assist with all community relations home gameday activities
- Assist community relations staff members with additional projects as needed
- Bachelors Degree required
- Experience in event operations
- Minimum of two years experience in the sports industry is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Includes walking and/or standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- May view computer screens for long periods of time
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.