Position Title: Coordinator, Brand & Design – One Year Contract
Department: Revenue and Marketing
Direct Manager: Senior Manager, Brand & Design
Date: May 2023
Company Description :
The Canadian Football League is Canada’s home for professional football. With over a century of rich history and nine member teams across the nation, the CFL provides world-class entertainment and excitement to a passionate and dedicated fan base. A season-long journey of unforgettable moments and must-see-TV broadcasts culminates in Canada’s largest single-day sporting event – the Grey Cup, where the newly crowned champions earn the right to hoist the iconic emblem of Canadian football.
The CFL leads a global movement to grow and modernize the game. The league is committed to a global vision as it connects with fans around the world. It is transforming into a digital-first sports league through an innovative, first-of-its-kind partnership with Genius Sports to maximize fan engagement through data analytics, technological advances, and sports betting.
Just as important as its industry-leading operations, the CFL proudly champions the values on which Canada was built – unity, diversity, inclusion, strength, and service to the community. The league is supportive of all peoples, cultures, and backgrounds, offering a respectful and inclusive working and playing environment, centered on acceptance and understanding. The CFL’s successes are measured not only on the field and within its ranks, but also in its unparalleled impact in affecting positive change and bettering Canadian communities and lives.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand & Design, the Contract Coordinator, Brand & Design will be focused on supporting the consistent presentation of the CFL brand across all public-facing touchpoints. This will include supporting the league’s internal creative development process, working between stakeholders and designers, assisting in the execution of CFL brand campaigns, and supporting league-wide brand compliance.
• Support the Senior Manager of Brand and Design with the project management of all in-house creative service requests, including briefing, creative review, and approvals.
• CFL Brand Identity Assurance and Compliance: championing the approval processes and ensuring all public-facing items follow the CFL brand guidelines.
• Brand auditing and implementation of consistent league-wide updates and notices
• Develop creative briefs for the design team and work with different departments to assist in implementing this process.
• Execute on all brand operations under the guidance of the Sr. Manager, Brand & Design, including season long brand campaigns, influencer marketing programs, and the development of league-wide documents to support consistent execution of the CFL’s brand strategy.
• Report on brand activities using metrics to demonstrate successes and areas of opportunity to optimize brand value, revenues, and/or fan acquisition.
• Other duties as required
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience):
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects and priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication with ability to practice discretion with confidential information/projects
• Excellent multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities/projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills that enable successful project management with high attention to detail
• Understanding of basic brand and marketing principles
• Self-motivated, results-oriented problem solver with an ability to complete projects on time and on budget
• Sports & entertainment industry experience considered an asset
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business or equivalent working experience is desirable
• Senior Manager, Brand & Design
• Content & Marketing Team
• Grey Cup & Events Team
• Global Partnerships
• Member Club Marketing Leads
• Creative Agencies & Freelancers
• Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• May be required to travel
The CFL League Office is location in Toronto. Most employees are working remotely or hybrid. Must be willing
and able to attend meetings or other business events at the league office or other venues as business needs
dictate. Proof of vaccination is a condition of employment
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are working to create a more diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people living with disabilities and people identifying as LGBTQ2S+.