About the job
If you are driven to deliver exceptional fan experiences that are beyond anything possible elsewhere and interested in working alongside a team of innovators and enthusiastic over-achievers, you will enjoy working with us!
As a Partnership Service Coordinator, you will work with our corporate partners to provide quality service to ensure all of their partnership assets are fulfilled and relationship is strong between the Braves and our partners. A strong customer service background is important as you will be the main day-to-day contact for all of your partners. You will also need to build strong relationships with our partners and ensure they receive the best care possible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Account Management- Manage all aspects of agreements with corporate partners which includes but not limited to merchandising (VIP Field Visits, First Pitches, pre-game presentations, suite nights), tickets/ticket requests, parking, print advertising, radio advertising, in-park recognition, in-game features, signage, gate giveaways, game-day/season-long promotions, Community Affairs programs, etc. In addition, act as main contact for our partners for inquiries and/or requests/concerns for various partner and non-partner related items or venue events on both game days and non-game days. Assist with partner activations in the marketplace.
- Partnership Activation - Work closely with internal Marketing department and partners to put together partner activation programs outside of Truist Park that enhance the Braves exposure and image in the marketplace.
- Year End Reports- Keep detailed records and proof of performance of all partner elements and activation programs throughout year. Design, prepare and present comprehensive reports for each partner detailing and highlighting all elements included in their agreement as well as any additional exposure received throughout the season.
- Event Planning- Coordinate and execute major events for our corporate partners in appreciation for their support – event examples include Spring Training Trip, Partner Golf Tournament, Partner Movie Night etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BA or MS degree in business, sports management, or related field
- Understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures and an ability to relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and occasional holidays in all types of weather conditions
- 1-3 years of experience with a professional team or agency relating to corporate partnerships or translatable field
- Excellent communications skills needed – interpersonal, written and verbal
- Analytical skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of sports partnerships
- Team player and positive attitude
- Self-starter with initiative
- Ability to move and lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Motor vehicle competency
- Must complete a successful background check
The Atlanta National League Baseball Club, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. A diverse workforce representing varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences is key to delivering on our business promise to our fans and the communities we serve. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply.
If you are disabled as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act and require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your online application, including making a change to the application process, please contact our Human Resources team at PeopleCapital@braves.com
Effective January 10, 2022, the Atlanta Braves will require all US-based employees in the Scouting and Player Development departments to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. Employees in all other departments are not required but are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated, and we do require a vaccine to participate in certain activities and to obtain a premium reduction for our health benefit plans. Employees choosing not to obtain a vaccine will be notified of any limitations on their work activities if applicable. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be directed to Peoplecapital@braves.com.