About the job
Business Office - Oklahoma City, OK
Are you a motivated sales professional with proven success building long-term client relationships that can build creative opportunities out of any situation? Bring your talent and dedicated drive to The Oklahoma City Thunder as we seek out new business partners on a local, regional, national and even global level!
We are an NBA franchise with strong fan, corporate and community support throughout our home state and around the globe. We are proud to be a part of a regional cultural renaissance and strive to provide an engaging NBA experience, first-class guest service, and meaningful community leadership.
As a Corporate Partnership Sales representative, you will collaborate cross-departmentally to bundle our business assets including logo rights, television, radio, in-arena signage, digital and social media, tickets and suites to craft marketing platforms for our partners and drive long-term revenue for the company as you listen to client needs. By joining the Thunder, you will be a member of a first-class organization that values integrity, mutual respect, and courtesy, as well as the talent you contribute.
In this role you will:
- Deliver annual sales results and successfully build and maintain a portfolio of clients
- Develop new and manage existing key corporate partner relationships
- Market and sell fully-integrated corporate partnership programs to local, regional, national and global businesses
- Research and prospect for new business leads continually, using creativity to envision and initiate new business-to-business connections
- Work collaboratively within the partnership sales, activation, strategy and cross-functional teams to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and deliver outstanding and polished sales presentations with confidence
- Develop and implement in-market/retail promotions to add new value for your clients
- Provide second-to-none client service and renew existing partnerships
- Assist in department-related duties on event nights
- Establish and maintain substantial connectedness in the community and regularly attend community events
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
- Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company
- Ability to craft and maintain positive relationships
- Exhibit curiosity, creativity, innovation and the power of persuasion
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, confidence speaking and presenting in front of groups
- Basic knowledge of partnership activation, sponsorship sales, and sports/entertainment marketing partnerships practices
- Some level of experience in market research and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
Driver’s license, insurance and clean driving record required as some local travel may be required. Physical requirements of the position include the ability to lift and carry boxes up to 50 pounds and work in-arena in the presence of loud music or crowd noise and flashing or strobe lighting. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting to our Manager of Corporate Partnership Sales. Employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, parental leave, team shop discount, and much more!
At the Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and we know that teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills make a stronger company. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs and provide equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We also consider applicants regardless of past legal system involvement, considering the needs of the role, nature of and recency of legal history. We are committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees through our culture of RAVE – Respect and Value Everyone.