About the job
Job Title: Digital Media Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, Brand Marketing
# Direct Reports: N/A
Perks and Benefits:
FREE: breakfast, lunch, parking, on-site gym and training classes, and gym membership at Chicago Athletic Clubs. Free Peloton membership, casual dress environment, access to United Center concert events, one-time stipend for home office equipment, competitive total rewards package, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid life insurance), comprehensive PTO package, social events, volunteer opportunities, and focused learning and development.
What It’s Like Working Here:
The Chicago Blackhawks experience isn’t just on the ice. Our office, located in the United Center, promotes a fun, engaging, fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere where we can celebrate both hockey and each other. Our commitment to curating an environment where all individuals feel empowered to bring their best self to work each day can be seen throughout our organization. Whether you are a job seeker looking to join the organization, a current member of our amazing team, or someone looking to help support our mission, our goal is the same – to reimagine the potential of hockey through memorable, inclusive experiences.
The Top Shelf:
The Chicago Blackhawks are seeking a Digital Media Coordinator who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day development, production, and maintenance of the team’s official website and mobile app. The Digital Media Coordinator will work closely with Creative, Production, Social Media, Business Strategy & Analytics (BSA), and Technology teams to execute against the Blackhawks’ overall editorial, content, and marketing strategies across digital platforms.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Manages daily uploading, tagging, and organization of written and video content on Blackhawks.com and the Blackhawks App
- Maintains optimal website framework and user journey experience (UX) for Blackhawks.com, the Blackhawks App, and other enterprise digital platforms with mobile-first mindset
- Executes day-to-day content and marketing strategies for Blackhawks.com and the Blackhawks App, inclusive of push notifications, marketing placements, etc.
- Builds all product and/or initiative pages for supported Business Operations departments, including Marketing, Chicago Blackhawks Foundation & Community, Amateur Hockey, Membership, Ticketing, Corporate Partnerships, etc.
- Lead developer of interactive microsites or webpages that showcase players and strengthen fan affinity (e.g. milestones, HOF, etc.)
- Updates Hockey Operations webpages on an ongoing basis, including public practice schedules, injury report, contract tracker, pronunciations, draft picks, prospect stats, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the social media, marketing and app teams as well as other stakeholders
- Liaises with Marketing and Analytics teams for trafficking all sponsored digital ads and internal marketing placements for Blackhawks.com and the Blackhawks App through Google Ad Manager
- Liaises with Blackhawks Ticketing team for transactional partner web needs; additionally, generates navigation links as needed for internal campaign tracking efforts
- Stay up-to-date with digital best practices across sports/entertainment industry
Player Stats and Qualifications:
- Degree in Marketing, Journalism, PR, Communications, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in sports, marketing, gaming, or retail
- Digital publishing/CMS management experience and HTML/CSS knowledge required
- Experience with Forge and Yinzcam platforms preferred
- Working knowledge of NHL and the sport of hockey
- Knowledge of current digital marketing best practices and processes, including understanding of paid and owned media, search engine optimization and mobile-centric web builds
- Strong writing and editing skills preferred, including hockey knowledge
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills – listens to others, works well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Flexible and adaptable in the ever-changing digital landscape, working against tight deadlines and flexible to pivot on strategy and execution when necessary
- Can prioritize work activities and use time efficiently, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions
- Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office software programs and some proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays
- Ability to address, adapt to, and overcome challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for driving results
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates Chicago Blackhawks core values of integrity, curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and originality
The Chicago Blackhawks started their journey as one of the NHL’s “Original Six” professional ice hockey teams in 1926. Members of the Central Division in the NHL’s Western Conference and six-time Stanley Cup Champions (1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015), the team calls the United Center home.
The Chicago Blackhawks proudly show up every day to make Chicago Proud and reimagine the potential of hockey. At its core, the team and greater organization uphold its mission through its core values centered around integrity, curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and originality. They are fiercely dedicated to evolving and delivering new and legendary fan experiences and captivating new and diverse audiences, both on and off the ice. As part of their unwavering commitment to drive impact and purpose in the Chicago community, the organization opened the Fifth Third Arena (the team’s official practice facility and community space for youth hockey development), continues to make expansions to the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation, and acquired the AHL team the Rockford IceHogs.
The Chicago Blackhawks continue to grow in its commitments to honor and celebrate Black Hawk's legacy by offering our platforms, making meaningful contributions, collaborating with Native American people, and reimagining ways to support the many Native American people and communities they live amongst and alongside. They engage in this work through their formal partnership with Black Hawk’s ancestral tribe, the Sac and Fox Nation of Oklahoma, which the tribe established with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2021.
The Chicago Blackhawks is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.