The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is the top professional women's soccer league in the USA, with 12 teams and 300+ of the best soccer players globally. In just its 10th season, the league continues to grow exponentially: In 2022, the NWSL shattered all-time fan attendance records, more than two dozen markets expressed demand for expansion teams, valuations of teams multiplied by double digits, several new C-suite executives were hired, and the league continues to receive unprecedented interest from sponsors and media partners alike. The future of the NWSL has never looked brighter.
The NWSL Social and Influencer Marketing team is seeking a video editor with a keen eye for creative social content and compelling stories. This position will require a passion for women’s soccer and the NWSL, experience pitching and producing video content for social distribution, and the ability to effectively story tell via short-form video. Working closely with the broader Marketing team, the video editor will help celebrate and elevate the most engaging stories of the League, Clubs, and Players, both on and off the pitch.
- Edit videos for NWSL social and digital media platforms to entertain and engage fans and build brand awareness.
- Create quick-turn social and digital video using broadcast highlights and clips from games for rapid distribution on social and other digital channels, including NWSLSoccer.com.
- Stay up to date on best practices and trends for social video and how to grow and maximize reach.
- Utilize strong organizational skills to organize systems for footage and content archiving, collecting, and sharing.
- Manage and fulfill third party footage license requests.
- 2+ years of experience editing video for social platforms; sports experience preferred but not required.
- Deep knowledge of soccer and the NWSL.
- Must have ability to deliver high-quality work results and flawlessly execute under deadlines.
- Disciplined approach to managing multiple projects but maintain the necessary flexibility to adapt when adjustments are required.
- Experience concepting, pitching, and editing content from start to finish, with strong creative and visual storytelling skills.
- Proficient in the technical side of editing to maintain a professional final product. (i.e. frame rates, formats, codecs, resolutions, and aspect ratios)
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and self-motivated and handle ambiguity.
- Ability and willingness to travel/work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience editing with modern tools, tech, and music for entertaining, engaging content.
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team and accept feedback.
- Ability to execute editorial judgment.
Salary Range: $70,000 -$80,000/year
NWSL salaries are contingent upon candidates' qualifications, functional business needs, and market financials.
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.