The North Carolina Football Club, owner and operator of two affiliated professional soccer teams: the North Carolina Courage (NWSL) and North Carolina FC (USL Championship), is seeking a Director of Community Relations, as a key interface between the Club, its partners, and key external stakeholders, specifically community organizations. The Community Relations department is responsible for creating, building, and managing internal and external programs that embrace our role as stewards within the Triangle community, and our commitment to providing impactful, memorable, and engaging experiences that create fan loyalty and awareness of the North Carolina Football Club.
- Develop internal CR strategy to support the community brand of the Club.
- Create and implement community programs in support of internal and partner priorities to execute throughout the season/fiscal year.
- Oversee CR programs related to corporate partner agreements - track progress from ideation to pitch to fulfillment
- Manage community relations team which includes community relations coordinator and community activations coordinator.
- In collaboration with community coordinators, oversee the recruitment and management of Street Team members.
- Act as liaison with Marketing and Communications to ensure community engagement strategies are properly integrated and support existing marketing strategies.
- Act as liaison with player operations departments to determine player involvement in community appearances and helping to identify and amplify player personal causes.
- Prepare, forecast, and manage budgets and resources, ensuring that our teams are properly supported.
- Attend community events when appropriate to represent North Carolina FC and NC Courage brands.
- Serve as community relations contact for the NWSL and USL, including participation in monthly USL community impact calls and leading on league-wide initiatives for both NWSL and USL.
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the community, key individuals, and other organizations.
- Be the principal ambassador for the organization, with responsibilities for delivering the company’s vision within the local community.
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the company and build strong relationships with key community members.
- Oversee community events calendar to ensure the Club is represented in prominent and relevant spaces (i.e. Out Raleigh! Pride Festival, International Festivals, Pop-Up markets, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other interested parties – when needed, recruit a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist.
- In conjunction with the President, be an active leader within the community to help drive awareness and affinity for the Club throughout the community.
- Define department KPIs, success-measurements, and continuous improvements to community strategy.
- Collaborate across the company’s functional areas and work closely with other internal departments and external partners and agencies
- Be an ambassador for the organization within a thriving community.
- Other duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
- BS/BA degree OR equivalent experience and/or 10 + years for relevant experience in the field
- Understanding of the connection of club and community in the soccer world or the connection between a professional sports team and its community.
- Strong community-building skills
- Understanding of the soccer community and/or the Triangle Region of North Carolina
- Strong communicator, able to talk/share internally and externally about the club and connection to the community
- The ability to balance short-term wins against steady progress on the long-term vision
- Subject matter expert in social and digital media performance standards.
- Well-developed teamwork and coaching skills, with the ability to identify and grow talent.
- Desire to explore new marketing channels and committed to improvement and change.
- Organized and process-driven, with the ability to be flexible, change priorities, and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Very strong written and verbal English communications skills, bilingual Spanish proficiency preferred
- Support, live, and champion the club values of Integrity, Community, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 25 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.