About the job
Position: Director, Corporate Partnerships – Full Time/Exempt
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Sr. Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
Location: Arizona Cardinals (Tempe, AZ)
Cardinals Organizational Summary
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is a professional football team within the National Football League (NFL). The Cardinals compete in the National Football Conference (NFC) West division and call State Farm Stadium in Glendale their home stadium.
As one of the oldest pro football franchises in the U.S., the Cardinals Club has established itself as a sport and cultural hallmark within Arizona, developing a family-oriented culture that strives to be a championship team on the field, in the community, and as an organization. Over the years, the organization not only continues to grow its fanbase and reach within the local community but also prides itself in maintaining a diverse and dedicated workforce.
If you want to join an organization that values safety, courtesy, efficiency, experience, diversity, and longevity, we would love for you to join our team. Learn more about the Arizona Cardinals and see what’s happening here.
The Arizona Cardinals are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Director of Corporate Partnerships to join our team. Located in in the picturesque state of Arizona, this role offers a unique opportunity to work at one of the most exciting organizations in the NFL. The Arizona Cardinals joined the NFL as a charter member in 1920, which makes us the oldest continuously run professional football franchise in the US.
The Director/Sr. Director, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for creating a culture of high-performance, with an account management strategy centered on revenue growth, best practices, execution, and individual accountability.
Primary Job Duties
The Director, Corporate Partnerships will have the daily responsibilities including, without the limitation the following:
- Achieve business results and revenue goals tied to overall sales strategy
- Directly responsible for the generation of new corporate partnership revenue
- Success in this role is measured by your ability to consistently achieve annual corporate partnership sales goals
- Collaborate with teams across the organization including, but not limited to, partner activation, marketing and media staff to ensure successful ideation, partnership activation and partnership execution
- Build relationships with new and existing corporate partners to drive corporate partnership revenue initiatives and exceed sales goals
- Develop strategic new business relationships with local, regional, and national companies
- Develop fully-integrated sales proposals to include IP rights, media, activations, promotions, signage, community and hospitality assets
- Provide weekly sales reports, updates and prospecting data to department leader
- Execute team gameday hosting of current corporate partners and key prospects
- Effectively qualify leads and maintain an active pipeline of key sales prospects
- Assist and engage with corporate partners and prospects during Arizona Cardinals games and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum 7+ years of consultative sales experience in corporate partnerships
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the corporate partnership sales process – including but not limited to prospecting, needs analysis, proposal development and creation, sales pitches, negotiation, and contracting
- Excellent written and oral/virtual presentation skills
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, creativity, and relationship building
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with CRM system
- Demonstrated success with sports industry corporate partnerships
Cardinals Benefits/Perks Summary
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club has developed a comprehensive benefits package that provides economic and inclusive benefits to full-time employees. The Cardinals benefits offer care, protection, and support for employees and their loved ones. The Cardinals organization encourages an environment that is conducive to living a healthy, productive, and flexible lifestyle.
Benefits And Perks Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options; effective the first day of hire
- 401 (k) retirement option with employer match contribution
- Paid Time Off Accruals (including sick time accruals)
- Paid Time Off for most Federal holidays
- Time off for Maternity, Paternity, Military, and Bereavement
- MDLIVE: 24/7 medical support
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Care Saving Account options
- Discounts on Cardinals gear & paraphernalia
- Tuition reimbursement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Daily free lunch
- Complimentary season tickets
- Subsidized gym memberships
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.