2023 SPORTFIVE General Summer Internship Program (New York) – E-Sports and Gaming Intern
SPORTFIVE is seeking to train and develop the future leaders of the sports marketing industry through its Summer Internship Program.
As part of the SPORTFIVE program, interns will have the opportunity to get a first-hand look inside the sports and entertainment world. Interns will work alongside leaders and colleagues to support a variety of projects within their assigned department, will participate in special events have and have the opportunity to build relationships across the company.
The E-Sports and Gaming internship is open to candidates from diverse backgrounds and all majors, but with a demonstrated interest in learning about the E-Sports field. The responsibility of the E-sports and Gaming department at SPORTFIVE is to source, negotiate, and close new business on behalf of our roster of clients. As a group, we are also always on the lookout for new prospective rightsholders that we think are valuable for the agency to represent and our role is to form commercial relationships with those properties.
The intern can expect to gain practical hands-on experience by assisting with the daily functions of the department, in addition participating in the Summer Internship group project. The job duties will entail, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Provide meaningful insights and market research on the developing gaming and esports landscape
- Prospect potential brand partners and develop target lists for outreach
- Work on a summer long research project on a TBD topic that will be presented to the department
- The program lasts 10 weeks starting on June 5, 2023 and ending in August 2023
- Interns will source their own housing and transportation
- Internships in NYC are paid at an hourly rate of $15.00 per hour
- Internships are scheduled 8 hours per day Monday - Thursday (32 hours) or Monday - Friday (40 hours) plus events depending on the department
- Work is conducted onsite in New York City
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program, at a college, community college or university (2 or 4 year) OR
- Graduated from an accredited institution (as mentioned above) no later than July 2021.
- All fields of study are welcome
- You may apply to TWO internships only (via two separate applications)
How To Apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and complete the application.
- Attach your resume
- Include a cover letter that describes yourself, your goals for the internship and why you have selected this department
- (Optional) Include your best (short 1-2 page) writing sample from any college course
SPORTFIVE utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering partnerships in sports. By delivering responsible commercialization, full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders in sports, SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit. As a market leader with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, SPORTFIVE leads the sports business into the future through its digital solutions and aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
SPORTFIVE operates as an international sports business and marketing agency with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries active in football, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football and many more.
With the “Power of Five” - comprised of companies, rightsholders, media platforms, fans and our employees, our passion for sports marketing is firmly established in our brand. It is our mission to be the most progressive agency in the sports business and actively be involved in shaping the future of sports marketing.
Our range of services includes everything that has to do with sports marketing and ranges from consulting, virtual perimeter and stadium advertising, jersey sponsoring, international media rights and athlete marketing, to hospitality programmes, travel services and incentives, right up to digital solutions, such as apps, product innovations and creative sponsoring campaigns and activations. With this, we serve the entire value chain in sports marketing individually, based on the customer objective.