About the job
Business Office - Oklahoma City, OK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Marketing
Are you a forward-thinking professional with a keen curiosity about optimizing fan experience through data-driven engagement strategies? We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to join our Fan Development team! Join us as a Fan Journey Strategist in crafting the future of fan development and contributing to the success of our organization’s strategic goals.
As a strategist, you will optimize marketing strategies, planning, measurement, and channel activation efforts to align with the organization's strategic priorities and business objectives. From fan acquisition to fan mobilization to fan conversion, the role involves a comprehensive approach to engaging fans across various touchpoints. This role is pivotal in leading fan-centric digital engagement initiatives, implementing strategic customizations based on the target audience, and driving metrics-focused methodologies across multiple segments.
In this role you will:
- Lead the fan journey lifecycle, from initial strategy development to deployment, with a primary focus on outbound marketing channels such as email, SMS, fan club app, in-venue platforms, etc.
- Manage in-venue lead generation and digital in-seat engagement platforms for all Thunder home games, enhancing the fan experience and collecting valuable insights.
- Oversee the execution of digital fan touchpoint strategies, employing SMS and direct email tactics to achieve key business objectives and enhance fan engagement.
- Co-lead the digital Kids Club platform, ensuring the maintenance of online rewards and providing detailed engagement reports.
- Manage data submissions from fan programs and lead generation campaigns, reporting quarterly on lead progression.
- Identify trends in lead sources and derive concrete insights to optimize engagement strategies and enhance fan journeys.
- Passion for sports and entertainment, with an understanding of fan behaviors and preferences.
- Creative attitude to continuously explore new engagement tactics and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve measurable objectives.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related work or military experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of professional experience, with a preference for candidates with a strong background in digital engagement, audience segmentation, and fan-focused marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding and hands-on experience with digital marketing strategies, particularly SMS and direct email campaigns.
- A strategic thinker with a proven ability to solve complex problems, coupled with a curiosity for identifying and implementing process efficiencies.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, capable of translating data into practical insights to drive improvements in fan engagement strategies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including Business Intelligence, Brand Strategy, Digital Media, and more.
- Proficiency in using data analytics tools and software to extract insights and drive informed decisions.
- Adaptability to the fast-paced and multifaceted environment of the sports and entertainment industry.
Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in downtown Oklahoma City at Paycom Center. Employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, parental leave, team shop discount, and much more.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we know that teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills make a stronger company As an Equal Opportunity Employer we consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs and provide equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status! We also consider applicants regardless of past legal system involvement, considering the needs of the role, nature of and recency of legal history. We are committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees through our culture of RAVE – Respect and Value Everyone.
Posted on Sep 12, 2023.