About the job
This position is responsible for the research, development, and execution of strategic marketing efforts for San Antonio FC (USL) and assist in the marketing efforts of the Austin Spurs (G-League). This person will collaborate with a diverse group of important internal and external stakeholders at all levels, with a particular focus on ticket sales and fan engagement across live events and digital properties. An analytic approach and independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a broad spectrum of projects.
- Develop, facilitate, execute, analyze and adapt annual marketing plans for the franchises to accomplish strategic brand & business objectives.
- Oversee and implement traditional advertising campaigns, along with creating and managing digital marketing campaigns. Track effectiveness of tactical executions, modify strategies and optimize campaigns. Continuously look for innovative marketing opportunities which support the strategic goals of each of the franchises.
- Create and monitor database growth strategies, which include digital lead generation, fan club activation and promotional/sweepstakes calendars.
- Manage marketing budgets, including monitoring expenses on a monthly basis for accuracy and effectiveness, completing timely reports to leadership and taking prompt corrective action when required.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders which enhance mutual understanding and respect in order to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, marketing or related field.
- 2-3 years marketing experience, preferably in a sports environment.
- A familiarity and strong understanding of soccer is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and other computer skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with a creative brand positioning background.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, problem solve and stay organized.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- 50% of job able to be performed remotely/50% of work needed to be performed onsite in San Antonio (Toyota Field) as needed or on a seasonal basis.
- Some travel may be required including to/from Austin.
- SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.