About the job
Job Description Summary
The Guest Experience Associate greet guests upon entry and assists guests in locating their seats at Children's Mercy Park. This individual works to ensure guests have an enjoyable experience and provides them with any information as needed.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Pay starting at $16.00 per hour.
- 20% retail discount on merchandise.
- Free meal provided on matchdays.
- End of season Experience Celebration.
- Provide excellent customer service by welcoming guests to the stadium, being knowledgeable of the stadium layout, programs, and policies.
- Examine and scan tickets upon entry at stadium gates.
- Check tickets and credentials to gain access to specific areas and sections.
- Answer questions and give correct information about the match to guests.
- Secondary scan tickets of all patrons before gaining access to Premium areas.
- Operate an elevator transporting guests to proper ticketed level at stadium.
- Ensure that all guests are safe and following all Children's Mercy Park guidelines.
- Calmly and effectively deal with upset fans, away supporters, standing room only guests, and intoxicated guests.
- Notify Team Leads and/or Security as necessary in escalated situations.
- Work with Stadium Security and ensure that alcohol does not leave the stadium.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times.
- Commitment to work 75% of Children's Mercy Park (including but not limited to MLS, Leagues, and Copa America) events.
- Attend mandatory trainings
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold and rain.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly, welcoming, and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills and public speaking ability.
- Passion to ensure positive experiences and ability to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Crowd control abilities.
- Passionate about sports, particularly the game of soccer.
Skills And Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
- Previous experience working in a public event venue or in a customer service role preferred.
- Basic technology skills.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Requires constant periods of walking and/or standing.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- May be working near moving mechanical parts.
Posted on Jan 20, 2024.