Head of Player Care
NJ/NY Gotham FC (“Gotham FC” or “the Club”) is a National Women’s Soccer League (“NWSL”) team representing New Jersey and New York. The team plays at Red Bull Arena in Newark NJ.
NJ/NY Gotham FC is seeking bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates for a Head of Player Care. This individual will help coordinate and manage all First Team player and staff relocations, develop relationships with players, staff, and their families, and ensure a smooth transition into market and while in market. This position will support the Director of Operations in managing and executing all tasks related to First Team logistics for training, gamedays, and travel.
- Act on behalf of the club as the main point of contact for all players for any off-field matters including but not limited to questions about transportation, housing, non-soccer activities, personal matters, etc.
- Manage relocations and logistics for First Team players and staff into New Jersey and while in-market. Support international players and staff in specific requirements related to international status, including acquiring social security numbers, bank accounts, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact and resource for families and partners of players and staff on all relocation and transition matters.
- Support Director of Operations in team travel planning and execution, including air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, and player family travel.
- Plan and coordinate club-related social events for First Team players, staff, and families.
- Coordinate the activation and distribution of player benefits and perks provided by the Club and Partners.
- Coordinate player logistics for promotional, commercial and media appearances.
- Provide operational support for team training and gameday.
- Serve as first team player and staff family point of contact on gameday, coordinating credential needs, suite access, and other logistical support.
- Serve as Visiting Team Liaison, creating an open line of communication with visiting team staff, ensuring a smooth arrival and time in market, coordinating training sessions and supporting visiting team as needed with arrival to stadium on gameday.
- Develop programs to aid players in adjusting to New Jersey, managing their day-to-day responsibilities, and providing opportunities for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited university (preferred).
- 2-5 years’ experience managing a variety of tasks, ideally in a customer- or client- facing role, with demonstrated success managing competing priorities and complex issues.
- Travel will be required, including non-traditional work hours.
- Spanish proficiency required, Portuguese proficiency a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Proficiency with juggling multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal hands-on supervision.
Capabilities & Other Characteristics:
- Consistent and detailed communicator
Based in the NJ/NY area with the ability to work full-time, in person at the team’s practice facility currently located in Whippany, New Jersey. Able and willing to travel to all Gotham FC home and away games as well as a willingness to travel for other business-related trips.
Gotham FC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We are committed to broadening the pool of qualified talent for consideration, including those who have been historically underrepresented. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Job type: Full-time Exempt position
Salary range: Base compensation of $60,000-$90,000 plus benefits
This job description is a broad summary of the essential job functions and general duties for this position, the additional job duties that may be required from time-to-time, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. The Head of Player Care may be required to and must be willing to perform other duties as assigned, to meet organizational needs. This job description may be modified from time to time, at the sole discretion of Gotham FC.
This employee must follow and enforce all policies and procedures formulated by Gotham FC and be a role model for the organization.
The existence of this job description does not modify the employee’s “at-will” status. That is, unless a signed employment contract specifying a term of employment exists between Gotham FC and the employee or his/her/their representative, both Gotham FC and the employee will have the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without reason or notice, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
Base compensation of $60,000-$90,000 plus benefits