HR Summer Intern - New York Post
HR Summer Intern
Join our team and grow with The Post!
This is a great opportunity for rising seniors with the opportunity to extend into the Fall semester and beyond.
The New York Post is looking for a dynamic, energetic, and fun individual to join its Human Resources team this summer working full-time equivalent hours!
This HR Intern will work closely with all members of the HR team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The New York Post has evolved into a multi-platform media company spanning print, digital, video, audio, app, television and commerce.
Providing the best in News, Sports, Pop Culture, and Entertainment like only the Post can – with wit, irreverence and authority we average over 90 million viewers monthly across our digital platforms!
Our HR Intern will:
- Assist with The Post’s Internship program through organization of events such as Lunch and Learn sessions.
- Partner with the HR Associate in the onboarding process and act as liaison between IT and management throughout.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date employee records and files.
- Gain exposure to active and passive recruitment by posting to job boards and appropriate sites, sourcing candidates, and scheduling first round interviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned to include assist with organization of HR file room and employment verification.
- Gain exposure to other areas of HR to include employee relations, employee engagement, HRIS, compliance etc.
- Assist with misc. and ad-hoc projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or recently attained, with an educational emphasis in Human Resources or related major a plus!
- Strong attention to detail a must!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities and adapt to new processes.
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Ability to problem solve and devise timely resolutions.
- Knowledge of Google Suites, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint a must!
Note: NY Post has returned to the office in a hybrid work schedule.
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.
Pay Range: $15.00/hr – $15.00/hr
Pay Range: $15.00/hr – $15.00/hr