About the job
Business Office - Oklahoma City, OK
Media - Broadcasting - Radio
Are you ready for a broadcasting internship that will give you real-world experience in sports media? The Oklahoma City Thunder is currently seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking college student to join our Emmy Award-winning broadcast team for the upcoming semester. Hands-on experience may include camera shoots, editing and honing your skills with various broadcasting and graphics technology. You will interact with multiple departments across the organization and contribute to the execution of project requests in a lively and dynamic environment.
Summer internship begins January 16, 2024. Our internship program provides practical work experience in a professional environment as well as supplemental program activities such as resume reviews, personal and professional development workshops and other events crafted to enrich the internship experience. We also offer perks such as paid downtown parking and tickets to a home game during the season!
In this role you will:
- Shadow Broadcast personnel and game-night personnel as we collect video coverage at a variety of events around the community and select home games
- Learn proper camera techniques using Sony cameras
- Work with the broadcasting team in the organization, creation and editing of professional projects using Avid and Photoshop/After Effects
- Craft a professional feature to be aired in Thunder Insider and applicable social media channels
- Perform occasional office and administrative duties designed to show the full cycle of the department processes
- Participate in company-scheduled internship program activities
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Presently enrolled in an accredited college or university with junior or senior level standing and approved by your school to receive course credit for the internship
- Students pursuing a degree in broadcasting, journalism, marketing or business preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of professional video cameras, Avid and Photoshop, preferred
- Ability to communicate content across various platforms including print, web, audio and video
- Self-starter who is also willing to learn and participate in a dynamic team environment
- Outgoing personality with the ability to operate independently with limited supervision
Work schedule will be 16-30 hours per week and will include office hours plus events and game night work during evenings, weekends and holidays. Physical requirements of the job may include lifting approximately 50 pounds, climbing stairs, working some outdoor events, and working in the presence of loud crowds or music noise and flashing lights. Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in Paycom Center in downtown Oklahoma City. This paid internship is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Broadcast Production Lead. Employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we know that teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills make a stronger company As an Equal Opportunity Employer we consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs and provide equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status! We also consider applicants regardless of past legal system involvement, considering the needs of the role, nature of and recency of legal history. We are committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees through our culture of RAVE – Respect and Value Everyone.