In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Traits - We are looking for a creative professional to join our Brand Influence & Identity team. You must be highly creative, organized, and adapt quickly. As a Junior Graphic Designer, you will support various departments taking creative ideas and making them into something tangible. As a natural communicator, you are highly motivated and work quickly and efficiently. You love jumping right into the details.
The Team - The Brand Expression team supports artwork, animation, and design needs for a wide variety of campaigns across all departments, using central brands and visual themes that help the Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue basketball teams connect with our fans locally and around the globe.
The Role - As a junior designer, you will be responsible for production support, layout, and design on multiple projects, applying your individual talent and collaborating with other designers and editors to craft phenomenal end results that may be seen across the globe. This job has variety, and you will work with other fun and hardworking designers as we tell the story of our brand.
In this role you will:
- Offer production support and assist with creative development on team-related projects in the print and digital space including ads, sales collateral, animation, posters, digital graphics, invitations, campaigns, packaging, large format, etc.
- Prep and submit press-ready files for digital and offset print jobs
- Excellent communicator who translates feedback into finished product
- Work directly with the Brand Operations team to determine priority, production timelines, project delivery, and installation
- Work with the Head of Brand Identity to ensure consistent brand asset use and help maintain established graphic standards
- Stay connected with new design trends, techniques, and technology
- Detail oriented & thrives in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects at once
- Edit and update design files to reflect current campaigns from one season to the next
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work or military experience, with areas of focus in graphic design, fine art and photography
- Keen understanding of design systems and brand development
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Apple iWork
- Motion graphic, photography, or copy writing experience is a plus
- Experience with various methods of printing, finishing and specialty work
- Capable of working on multiple design projects in tandem, using strong organization skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to produce quality work while meeting deadlines
- A standout colleague with interpersonal skills to stay positive and work professionally in a dynamic environment with changing timelines
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. Work schedule will include regular office hours and may include some evenings, weekends and holidays. Work location will be the Oklahoma City Thunder corporate office located in downtown Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Head of Brand Identity.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, parental leave, team shop discount, and much more!
We invite you to apply at: www.okcthunder.com/employment
We value diversity, equity and inclusion, and we know that teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills make a stronger company. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs and provide equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We also consider applicants regardless of past legal system involvement, considering the needs of the role, nature of and recency of legal history. We are committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees through our culture of RAVE – Respect and Value Everyone.