About the job
US Sports Camps (USSC), headquartered in San Rafael, California is the licensed provider of NIKE Sports Camps. It was started in 1975 with the same mission that it defines today: To connect passionate coaches with young athletes to facilitate athletic and personal development in a positive and safe environment. By partnering with the country’s best coaches to direct our camps and by providing them with valuable operational and marketing support, USSC is the largest provider of sports camps in the world. USSC’s offerings include youth and adult camps in baseball, basketball, crew, cricket, esports, field hockey, football, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, pickleball, rugby, running, soccer, softball, swimming, volleyball & water polo.
USSC is currently seeking an experienced Manager of Growth & Partnerships to play a pivotal role in the expansion of our Nike Lacrosse division and enhance our collaborative efforts.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong network in the lacrosse community, with a particular focus on collegiate lacrosse, club lacrosse, and private training/ lacrosse organizations. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in effectively managing and scaling youth programs. They should exhibit a service-oriented mindset, be well-versed in marketing strategies, and, most importantly, share a genuine passion for lacrosse and youth development. Previous experience in collegiate lacrosse is ideal. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in account management, building meaningful relationships, excelling in communication, and consistently surpassing targets. Under the guidance of management, this individual will oversee existing partners, identify potential new collaborations, and work closely with the operations team to ensure seamless alignment and onboarding.
This person will be responsible for matching partner needs with different USSC services to create productive partnerships. Success in this role requires competitiveness, resourcefulness, incredible partnership management, and most importantly, an understanding of what has made US Sports Camps successful for the past 47 years: a full commitment to servicing our coaches and an unwavering passion for youth athletic and personal development. This is a full-time role located at the US Sports Camps Headquarters in San Rafael, CA or remote option available. Provisional 90-day period beginning December-January.
- Manage and nurture relationships with the current network of Nike Lacrosse Camp partners and facilities, with a focus on growth and service improvement.
- Expand the Nike Lacrosse Camps network through new best-in-class coaches and facilities, hitting target KPIs for partnership and growth.
- Provide high-level customer service and incident management.
- Support the division leader in planning administrative, operational, and marketing projects.
- Forecast, allocate, and order products for camps (staff uniforms, t-shirts, prizes, etc.)
- Assist with Sport P&L management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Represent US Sports Camps and our Nike Lacrosse Camps divisions at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities.
- Collaborate in managing and liaising with the camp operations and customer success team.
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships with schools, clubs, coaches, and other relevant entities to expand the reach and impact of our camps.
- Work with marketing to create effective marketing campaigns that resonate with the target audience and drive registration.
- Analyze market trends, competitor offerings, and customer feedback to make informed decisions that enhance our camp programs.
- Assist in organizing and managing divisional projects and initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience as a collegiate lacrosse coach, player, or administrator with a strong network and understanding of the sports camps landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of the lacrosse landscape, encompassing key stakeholders, trends, and the competitive environment.
- Proven track record in driving growth and cultivating partnerships within the sports, camp, or related industries.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience in camp and/or account management, as well as operations.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, P&L management, and contract negotiation
- Demonstrated passion for athletics and social impact.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and “people skills”
- Patience, stress-tolerance, ability to think quickly, and a proactive work style
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets
- Proficient verbal, written, mathematic, and computer skills (including Microsoft applications)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
The Perks at US Sports Camps:
- Competitive compensation package including base salary and bonus plan
- A flexible vacation policy – “a just get it done approach”
- Leading medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K plus company match
To apply for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, SUBJ: Growth & Partnerships, Lacrosse.
US Sports Camps provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
$60,000/yr - $70,000/yr