About the job
The Properties and Events department manages Soccer United Marketing (“SUM”) Property partnerships (U.S. Soccer Federation (“USSF”), Federacion Mexicana de Futbol, CONCACAF, Liga MX, eMLS, and others). It oversees the development, planning, and execution of Major League Soccer (“MLS”) and SUM platforms in North America, including marquee events like MLS All-Star, CONCACAF Gold Cup, MLS Cup, the Mexican National Team U.S. Tour, MLS Heineken Rivalry Week, eMLS Cup, and Liga MX programming. The group also spearheads organization-wide initiatives, including hospitality/B2B programming, press/media events, department/executive meetings, competition events and the development of new platforms / partnerships for the enterprise. The Events department also supports cross-departmental initiatives including press announcements, department/executive meetings, competition events and strategy projects.
The manager position will manage the execution of marketing strategies for the promotions of SUM marquee events and activities including the Mexican National Team US Tour, Concacaf Nations League and Gold Cup, and other international friendlies as assigned. This role will act as a key stakeholder in the marketing initiatives to maximize event revenue opportunities .
- Execute overall marketing and strategy around all SUM events in collaboration with Federación Mexicana de Fútbol, Concacaf, Liga MX and other key partners.
- Drive internal media buying process across the organization incorporating multiple team members including digital, broadcasting and brand development.
- Implement event advertising strategy, including the placement of media buys in radio, television, print, online, and out-of-home.
- Support promotion and campaign governance across all touch points and partners to ensure efficiency of implementation and Return on Investment assessment.
- Improve campaign strategies with data acquisition opportunities and build out CRM prospects around assigned events.
- Build and implement grassroot marketing and promotional activities in key markets for sales and marketing initiatives (street teams, mascot/trophy tours, legend appearances, etc.)
- Focus on brand and event presence in the local community; identify key local organizations and/or partnerships for promotional opportunities.
- Support the development of new marketing platforms with a focus on opportunities to support fan development and commercial partnerships.
- Coordinate and implement in-market influencer and content media plans (ticket giveaways, digital sweepstakes, brand promotions, etc.)
- Support ideation and execution of marketing initiatives in conjunction with other key internal team members.
- Work with production vendors to implement stadium branding, ensuring all environmental signage follows brand guidelines.
- Work with MLS teams, stadiums, and local organizing committees to increase event relevance and revenue.
- Manage promotional inventory and oversee general office duties (invoice processing, creative requests, collateral/presentation design, promotional orders, shipping, etc.)
- Produce post-match marketing recap and analysis.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in sports or event marketing; experience developing cross-functional promotions plans
- Fluency in English and Spanish (business proficiency; both written and oral)
- Digital marketing Pay-Per-Click campaign management experience preferred, strong understanding of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Facebook/Meta Ad Manager.
- Proficiency with creative development platforms (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign)
- Expert PowerPoint skills; ability to translate strategic concepts to presentations, overview reports, promotional recaps, etc.
- Experience working with and handling production and creative agencies.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance.
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer
- Knowledge of US Sports landscape and North American sporting venues
- Knowledge of the US Hispanic consumer market
Starting Base Salary $75,000 - $85,000. MLS/SUM base salaries are contingent upon several factors including individual qualifications, market financials, and operational business needs.
We are committed to providing a Total Rewards package that attracts, supports, engages, and retains talent through the following:
Benefits – comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a suite of programs to promote well-being including a $500 Wellness Reimbursement. A generous PTO offering, and hybrid Office/Remote Work Schedule are also offered to promote Work-Life balance!
Career & Professional Development – on the job training, feedback, and on-going educational opportunities to continue your personal and professional development.
Employee Engagement – office perks, discounts and employee events that go “beyond the traditional paycheck” to make you feel a part of our team and inspire you to elevate the Game!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.