About the job
Department: Broadcast & Media Operations
Employment Type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Reporting organisationally to the Senior Manager, Media Operations & Services the Manager, Photo & News Agency Services will be a key member of the FIFA26 Operations team, and work in close collaboration with Venue Management, Media Services, Technical Services, Broadcaster Servicing, Host Broadcast Operations, Host City Rights Management and other key individuals responsible for planning, delivering and managing Media Operations for the more than 3000 national and international media expected to attend the FIFA World Cup with an emphasis on Photographers.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Manager, Photo & News Agency Services for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Scope media-dedicated spaces and flows, in all competition and non-competition venues in collaboration with other key functional areas.
- Manage relationship with and be the main point of contact for operational planning for International News Agencies and Camera Loan & Repair suppliers.
- Scope spaces for Camera Loan & Repair suppliers at all venues and define services offered to Accredited Photographers.
- Organise International News Agencies' workshops and visits in the Host Countries.
- Plan for the scope and delivery of photographer-dedicated services.
- Liaise with the Host Cities to define media-dedicated areas and services.
- Engage with local and international media to define requirements and ensure the delivery of operations is set to the highest standards.
- Define and implement a rate card solution for International News Agencies and other key media outlets
- Collaborate with the Media Services team to scope photographer-dedicated services, including Accreditation, Accommodation & Transport.
- Pre-tournament arbitration of media tickets and positions for News Agencies.
- Event-time management and coordination of Media Ticketing for International News Agencies in collaboration with the Media Ticketing team.
- Plan and execute logistical arrangements for photographers and international News Agencies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Higher education qualification in media or sports event management
- 5+ years' experience in the sports industry, with an emphasis on media operations
- 3-5 years' experience in sports project management, preferably in football
- Experience in the field of Photography at sports events.
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools