About the job
The Manager, Rules & Competition (Tournament Rules Official) is responsible for regulating tournament competition in accordance with the USGA’s Rules of Golf and the LPGA’s tournament regulations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Consults with Director of Rules and Competition in charge of event and the host club management during advance and tournament week and assists in coordinating tournament volunteers and personnel.
- Monitors and approves all golf course preparation, construction and conditioning for tournament play. Sets daily hole and tee locations and marks all ground under repair and hazards.
- Responsible for contacting sponsors in advance of tournament week to review and assist in handling inquiries and making recommendations according to the LPGA policies and procedures for conducting a Tour event.
- Generates daily computerized results of tournament play and releases pairing sheets to the tournament office and participants.
- Provides feedback during and after each event to the various tournament managers that will include player responses and detailed analysis of golf course conditions.
- Serves as additional LPGA liaison to players and caddies.
- Prepares and evaluates tournament week results and recommends appropriate improvements after each event.
- Participates in special projects and assignments as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Communications, Business Administration, or other related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of officiating experience preferred
- Previous experience in golf administration is highly desirable
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and analytical skills required
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Power-point skills required
- Must be detail oriented and able to deliver accurate work within established deadlines
- Attended a USGA/PGA Rules Work Shop and scored 90 or better on the exam given within the last 4 years
- Must be able to travel up to 26 weeks during the year domestically and potentially internationally
- Physically able to walk 18 holes of golf and perform duties as needed
- Be able to lift and move 40 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.