About the job
Overview and Responsibilities:
The CBS Sports Social Media team creates and distributes all content posted from CBS Sports Digital's social media channels. In a sports media landscape that's cluttered with noise, we take pride in building creative concepts that cut through with our audience and represent the values of our brands.
We are seeking a Manager to lead our NFL on CBS coverage on social media. The ideal person will have extensive knowledge of the league as well as the culture surrounding all types of football. Further, they will understand the best strategies of Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube, as demonstrated by their portfolio of work. The candidate also has the proven ability to identify trending stories and create original content (i.e. videos, graphics, photoshops, memes) that best play to each platform’s audience.
The candidate will work directly with all departments at CBS Sports to run these accounts. On top of covering the sport of football, integrating our NFL on CBS broadcast presence will be a critical responsibility with this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with NFL on CBS production team at CBS Broadcast Center on Sundays
- Format clips from NFL on CBS programming for optimal distribution on social platforms (i.e. TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook)
- Regularly share insights with production team on which segments did/did not cut through on social media
- Significantly grow audience and engagement on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube
- Craft timely and engaging social posts by identifying trending topics and applying concise storytelling techniques to drive audience engagement.
- Create graphics, memes, and social video from scratch and/or alongside our design team
- Work directly with Marketing and Communications teams to ensure NFL on CBS programming and talent are promoted through social channels
- Shoot and distribute social-first content with NFL on CBS talent
- Brainstorm original creative concepts in reaction to ongoing social conversation in football
- Coordinate with the CBS Sports Digital team to convert CBSSports.com articles, podcasts, and CBS Sports HQ video into social content
- Track and provide ongoing metrics reports on all NFL on CBS social accounts
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of social media experience
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Experience in a digital newsroom or production setting
- Deep familiarity with social media audiences, strategies and analytics
- Track record of significant audience and engagement growth on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter
- Ability to multitask and perform at the highest levels under stress and tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a diverse team setting and be an active contributor
- Excellent writing and grammar skills!
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000.00 - 85,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000.00 - 85,000.00.