About the job
Who We Are:
IMG Academy is the world’s leading sports education brand, providing a holistic education model that empowers student-athletes to win their future, preparing them for college and for life. IMG Academy offers an innovative suite of on-campus and online experiences, providing growth opportunities for all student-athletes through:
- Boarding school and camps, via a 600-acre state-of-the-art campus in Bradenton, Fla. (IMGAcademy.com)
- Online coaching via the IMG Academy+ brand, with a focus on personal development through the lens of sport and performance (IMGAcademy.com/Plus)
- Online college recruiting, via the NCSA brand, providing content, tools, coaching and access to a network of 40,000 college coaches (ncsasports.org)
Our team has a deep appreciation for the transformative power of sports and holistic personal development. Our leadership is actively investing in the growth of the organization. We continue to broaden and deepen our technology platform and team in pursuit of our vision for empowering youth sports and the path-to-college for student-athletes.
The part-time, remote Mental Performance Coach creates and delivers 1:1 online sessions with student-athletes that participate in the IMG Academy+ program, with the potential inclusion of group coaching responsibilities to a wider student-athlete audience. The Mental Performance Coach develops and delivers practical, educational, engaging, and age/developmentally appropriate mental performance training in a 1:1 virtual setting to individuals across a variety of ages and sports based on their unique needs and goals. This position will assume and manage a student athlete load of a minimum of 20 (each to receive 3hrs of coaching/month over 4 weekly 40 minute sessions) + conduct a monthly parent session (approx. 20 mins) with parent(s) of each student athlete and complete appropriate administrative tasks including, but not limited to, client communication, session scheduling, note taking, and session tracking.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Availability for weekly sessions with all clients, being flexible to accommodate fluid schedules including nights and weekends in the service of individual clients or group delivery
- Interest in providing expertise for product development meetings and feedback sessions
- Minimum requirement of a master’s degree in Sport Psychology or a related field
- Excellent communication, presentation, and motivational skills
- Understanding of latest research in the field of mindset coaching
- Experience in group or individual mental performance coaching
- Strong ability to connect with youth athletes
- Strong time management, adaptability, and flexibility
- Being open and responsive to feedback.
- AASP Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) - Highly Preferred
- Experience with virtual/remote coaching
- Experience working with a youth population
- Experience as an athlete or coach
- Requires a background check upon offer
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfect with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Get to know us better:
IMG Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.