About the job
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline:
- November 13 – December 8: Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)
- Mid November – Late December: First round video interviews
- Mid – Late January: Second round interviews
- Late January – February: Selected candidates receive offers
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: December 8th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Format: Opportunities listed will require an intern to work from Stamford, CT 3-5 days per week.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, Notre Dame, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Features Production – the award-winning NBC Sports Features unit produces best-in-class content for the Olympic Games and all NBC Sports Group properties. The team crafts compelling sports stories through athlete features, documentaries, show opens, branded content, promos, and a variety of other creative mediums.
- Olympic Production – this intern will work to produce video content for Olympic sports, both during the Games and between them, and publish that content to NBC’s digital platforms.
- Golf – Live Tournaments – this intern will assist with remote tournament production needs and requests while helping to maintain video tape library/digitizing footage at the Stamford site.
- NBC Sports Group Production – this intern will join an immensely collaborative environment with the opportunity to work on high quality sports television projects. The ideal candidate thrives on developing new skills and has an interest or experience in working in Golf sports television production.
- Digital Video Production – NBC Sports Group is seeking a student intern to join its team in the Digital Video Production department located in Stamford, Connecticut. As a team player, you will join an immensely collaborative environment with the opportunity to work on high quality sports television projects. The ideal candidate thrives on developing new skills and has an interest or experience in working in sports television production.
- NBC Sports Programming – the Programming Intern provides support to all divisions within the programming department. Responsibilities range from information gathering and organization to data entry to show screening. The GOLF Programming Intern assists in the following areas: program information, program scheduling, program operations and international relations.
- Technical Logistics – this intern will interact with internal customers at our facilities support window facilitating their support needs with a high level of service and support. This includes production support requests, shipping, shipment tracking, supply distribution, asset management support and other facility support needs.
- Studio & Remote Operations – under the direction of the EVP, Studio/ Remote Operations and Production Planning, the Production Management team is comprised of subgroups of Remote Production Management, Studio Production Management, Remote and Studio Crewing/ Scheduling as well as technical teams that oversee both the Studio and Remote spaces in our division.
Research & Editorial
- NBCSports.com News Desk – the intern will play an important role on our team primarily publishing video across various platforms (NBCSports.com, YouTube, NBC Sports app, GolfChannel.com, Peacock, etc.) and updating NBCSports.com with fresh video/written content regularly. Our team is responsible for coordinating with the video team, blog writers, and social team for ensuring all video/written content is delivered in a timely and accurate manner, with a focus on SEO and engaging titles.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $17.00.
The hourly rate for graduate student interns is $18.00.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.