About the job
New York, NY
Playfly Sports is looking for a Partnership Development Intern to join our team in New York City. Within our 10-week paid Playfly Summer Internship Program, you’ll be immersed into the business side of sports and join our team of talented professionals. Through hands-on experience, projects, and mentoring, you’ll learn the fundamental skills and knowledge it takes to have a career in sports while developing yourself professionally and personally.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Support our client sales teams with front-end account research by: creating regular market research reports, monitoring competitive activity, analyzing category spending, and researching prospective clients and companies
- Monitor morning news to deliver relevant brand and industry information
- Build and present case studies internally on prospective clients
- Assist with conducting category analyses, including key players, risk factors, and historical knowledge (ex: CPG, Metaverse, Crypto)
- Collaborate with team members to create internal sales-based vertical newsletter
- Monitor games for unique sponsorship targets
- Attend all internship events and participate in projects and assignments
- All other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to contributing to a respectful, diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels like they belong
- Preferred areas of interest: Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Strategy, Sports, Innovation
- Involvement with college clubs or athletic departments preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Effective communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Self-starter and team player with excellent interpersonal skills
INTERNSHIP DETAILS & APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Entering Senior year of Bachelor’s program or second year of Master’s program, with a graduation date of December 2023 or later
- Availability to work June 5, 2023 – Aug 10, 2023, $15/hr, 32 hours/wk, Monday – Thursday
- Candidates are restricted to only apply to TWO open internship roles
- Application deadline is January 31, 2023, screenings will begin shortly after
What We Do
Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through Playfly Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership.
What We Stand For
At Playfly, we know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful one, but more importantly, we believe it’s just the right thing to do. Through conversations, company initiatives, community events and partnerships, policy changes, data analysis, workshops, and support groups, we are dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone can thrive. We are here for the long haul and to do the meaningful work that creates true institutional change within our workplace, with our partners, and in the communities we serve.
EEOC & DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Playfly Sports affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. Playfly Sports is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Playfly Sports is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, and as part of this commitment, Playfly Sports will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
$15/hr, 32 hours/wk, Monday – Thursday