The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is the top professional women's soccer league in the USA, with 12 teams and 300+ of the best soccer players globally. In just its 10th season, the league continues to grow exponentially: In 2022, the NWSL shattered all-time fan attendance records, more than two dozen markets expressed demand for expansion teams, valuations of teams multiplied by double digits, several new C-suite executives were hired, and the league continues to receive unprecedented interest from sponsors and media partners alike. The future of the NWSL has never looked brighter.
Position Description We are seeking highly motivated interns to join our People and Culture team at NWSL. The intern will assist in various tasks and projects to gain hands-on experience in the sports industry, while enjoying exciting programming and events throughout the summer. The intern will mainly provide HR Administration and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion support to the team while gaining exposure to the border People & Culture functions.
- Organize HR files and documentation
- Compile and prepare HR-related status reports as requested.
- Conduct research for the People and Culture team on various HR topics
- Website creation/updates in SharePoint
- Assist with recruiting efforts
- Help with DEI projects
- Participate and help organize company events
- Creation of newsletters, emails, and presentations
- Other HR projects and duties as assigned.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in human resources, or related field with a projected graduation date of 2024/2025
- Excellent and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity of HR Functions or a willingness to learn HR concepts and procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail.
- A hands-on learner with natural initiative and curiosity
- A passion for sports in particular women's soccer
- Expert in Microsoft office especially SharePoint and Power Point
- Salary: $20.00/hr.
- Duration: Jan 2024, through May 1, 2024
- Hybrid- 25 hours a week
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.