About the job
The Player Care Officer will be responsible for providing off-field support for all Players and their families and will lead on the Club’s onboarding process, enhancing the experience for all player and their families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate a welcoming process of relocation/onboarding for new players and families primarily focusing on housing, education, and lifestyle options
- Assist with obtaining driver’s license, social security number, bank account, etc.
- Assist game day experience for player families
- Travel with the team as needed and provide operational support with team travel, training and gameday
- Integrate new players and help with onboarding procedure
- Provide support with First Team and MLS Next Pro Administration staff as needed
- Providing Player Care updates with necessary stakeholders
- Developing an emergency contact and support procedure for Players and their families
- Develop and implementing an exit plan for players departing the Club
- Develop a network of contacts who can be on hand, as needed, such as: real estate agents, car suppliers, food providers, travel companies, child care, etc.
- Transport players to trainings, appointments, and meetings
- Coordinating and facilitating language classes and regular attendance for players
Experience And Qualifications
- A minimum of three years experience in a care and welfare environment ideally with an elite sport environment
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) fluency required
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends and holidays when required
- Uncompromising ethical standards, trustworthy and discreet
- Thorough knowledge of South Florida market
- Working knowledge of soccer
- Proven ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- A high standard of work performance and the ability to consistently deliver high-quality results
- Detail-oriented and organized with effective time management prioritization skills
- Flexible and resourceful in response to changing needs and priorities
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with both internal and external constituents, with an emphasis on communicating the mission, vision and culture of the Club
- Ability to coordinate changing priorities in a dynamic, high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid Florida driver’s license with a clean driving record