REQ ID: 8802
LOCATION: New York, New York, US, 10022
The WNBA is a bold, progressive basketball league that stands for the power of women. Featuring 12 teams, the W is a unique sports property that combines competition and entertainment with a commitment to diversity and inclusion and social responsibility. Through its world-class athletes, the in-game fan experience, TV and digital broadcasts, digital and social content and community outreach programs, the league celebrates and elevates the game of basketball and the culture around it.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment. They will have the opportunity to contribute to standards for the way work is done within our digital products organization and play a critical role in achieving the WNBA's digital transformation. They will demonstrate a desire to learn, grow and contribute to the W's mission and will be a great team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Create engaging and immersive digital experiences for basketball fans across the globe for the WNBA
- Manage the development, testing, deployment, and execution of features on our digital platforms including WNBA.com, and apps on iPhone, Android and other connected devices
- Determine KPIs, communicate product strategy, produce design mockups and write detailed feature requirements to develop and ship new and innovative features
- Partner with key stakeholders including development, design, marketing, ads and sponsorship, content, broadcasting, DTC monetization and other internal and external stakeholders
- Measure the success of features, content, and events and optimize their performance through A/B testing and rapid, data-driven iteration
- Manage and perform day-to-day product management activities, including the definition of product specifications, requirements, user stories, high level technical and user experience flows Identify and cultivate relationships with new technology companies, agencies, or partners that can improve all aspects of our digital products
- Minimum of 3-5 years of agile product management experience with a proven track record of successful launches
- Skills, knowledge, and aptitude to engage and direct all functions involved in the development of a digital product
- Demonstrated ability to act in a changing environment
- Has experience in collaborating across disparate teams with competitive priorities to keep alignment on digital transformation efforts
- Advocating and documenting best practices
- Strong presentation and written communication skills and experience leading product discussions with senior management
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, Confluence, analytics, and measurement software tools
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a proven track record of setting and delivering on expectations and commitments
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as scrum or Kanban
- Bachelor's degree
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.