Programming and Content Analyst Secaucus
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans worldwide.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The Senior Manager would be responsible for large portions of the day-to-day management of our national broadcast partners (ESPN and TNT), focused on programming, content and internal communications with key stakeholders/departments. In addition, the Senior Manager will support broader Content/GPM initiatives such as 3rd Party licensing, Next-Gen/Direct-to-Consumer, NBA TV and cross functional revenue driving initiatives.
- Deep knowledge of agreements with network partners, with the ability to provide timely and detailed feedback across all internal stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Communicate regularly with counterparts at network partners on day-to-day partnership implementation, season-long planning and lead weekly programming meetings
- Management, implementation, and tracking of programming benefits related to network partners (e.g., creation and maintenance of tracking documents to provide precedential considerations, when necessary).
- Oversee and track NBA-controlled inventory and related trafficking requirements through NBA's ad-management products
- Work closely with key internal partners (i.e., Marketing, Media Sales, Global Media Operations, Communications, Broadcasting, etc.) on game formats, management of institutional media, implementation of sales elements, and scheduling.
- Provide management, where necessary, and support of additional GPM priorities such as Next-Gen/direct-to-consumer, NBA owned-and-operated channels/assets (e.g., network partner content on the NBA App, tracking of required holdbacks of 3rd Party content for NBA use)
- Leadership role in preparation for meetings with key partners and 3rd Party Production/Distribution prospects, internal management of creative review process, tracking of pitch materials, and feedback, in conjunction with department leadership/new business team.
- Develop knowledge of holistic Programming and Digital Media Operations functions to allow for cross-functional support across team
- Understanding of business contracts with ability to identify issues or concerns for department and overall NBA senior leadership.
- Highly organized with ability to manage many projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with ability to summarize expansive detail, analytics and information, into consolidate digestible bullets for senior leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in development of presentation materials (e.g., PowerPoint) for internal and external distribution.
- Team player who has proven ability to work with diverse business leads across internal NBA departments and partners/prospects.
- Experience Needed: 3-5 years with background in media, entertainment, partnership management or consulting.
- BA required; MBA/JD preferred
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About The NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.