The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This is a temporary position with an expected duration not to exceed (10) months.
This position is part of a growing Marketing team with a mission to discover, inspire, and engage fans worldwide. This person will be responsible for leading integrated marketing efforts for NBA Local Subscription Products – how local fans can watch their local team’s live games and other content, plus other best-in-class subscriber perks that differ on a team-by-team basis. You will lead season-long go-to-market planning, ensuring channel alignment, and seamless implementation, and reporting on success to peers and leadership. You will also be fostering relationships with team marketing groups directly, serving as their day-to-day partner and first point of contact to help them stay connected to the League and each other.
You are someone who is highly organized and enjoys working through ambiguity. You thrive working cross-functionally and inspire teams to work towards mutual goals. You should have a basic familiarity across all marketing channels, with some expertise in CRM (email, push, and in-app messages), product marketing, and paid media. You should feel comfortable working cross-functionally to pull together best practices and reporting.
- Own strategic calendar and campaign planning to drive subscriptions for in-market streaming products, then work upward, cross-functionally, and with teams to drive alignment and approvals.
- Build full-channel business health metrics and reporting for marketing channels to help the subscription business thrive. Your focus will be on acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Develop relations with the team’s marketing leadership to inform, advise, and surface best practices.
- Drive full-season strategy and manage budgets to support company growth goals. You'll be responsible for tracking progress and asking critical business questions to encourage teams to produce more impactful work.
- Partner with NBA Product Teams and Product Marketing to influence roadmap based on insights, data, and asks from Team Marketing.
- Build efficient pipelines for new product releases and optimize conversions to existing subscription products. You understand subscription and loyalty businesses holistically.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to build reports that keep a pulse on key business metrics and inform senior leadership of key trends.
- Keep senior leadership in the loop on key findings, opportunities, and roadmaps.
- Build opportunities for the League to support teams at scale while allowing personalization.
- 6-8+ years of work experience in integrated marketing, with an emphasis on subscription and DTC products
- Consumer experience is required. Subscription, media, or sports-based experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver high-quality written and verbal content
- Experience across multiple marketing channels, including CRM (email, in-app, push messaging), paid, and owned.
- Experience working with external and internal partners
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced setting without ready-made processes
- BA/BS required. MBA is a plus
Salary Range: $4,800 - $5,100 biweekly
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
Job Segment: Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, CRM, MBA, Marketing, Technology, Management
Salary Range: $4,800 - $5,100 biweekly