About the job
Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
To support the coordination of benefits and overall activation of the USTA’s corporate partner relationships, including supporting the planning and execution of contract deliverables, on-site activation and related department projects. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support the department Manager(s) and Director(s) on select US Open sponsor accounts, including pre-event planning, on-site activation, digital & social media activation and post event reports.
- Coordinate on-site event execution of sponsor benefits and activation as delegated by department Managers and Directors
- Meeting preparation and action plans including agenda, presentations and meeting notes related to assigned sponsor accounts
- Facilitate the review and approval process of sponsor materials with USTA stakeholders and provide timely and clear feedback
- Coordinate and track various sponsor deliverables as assigned (i.e. sponsor listings, program advertising, digital activation, video board messaging)
- Assist with tracking various sponsor benefits delivered to USTA (i.e. barter)
- Assist with the coordination of the development of an annual pre-tournament sponsor planner, calendar and/or post-tournament report, and assist with the planning and execution of annual sponsor briefing and/or a regular video-communication series
- Manage other projects as assigned by Directors and/or Managers within Partnership Marketing
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Serve as department liaison on the USTA task force charged with the development of outreach platforms & campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 1-2+ years of Partnership Marketing experience required within a professional sports league and/or live events experience is required
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships; manage multiple tasks under pressure, and provide a high level of customer service
- Strong communication skills — oral and written, a high degree of integrity, a positive attitude and the ability to solve problems. The candidate must possess the ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Photoshop, PowerPoint (development of presentations with photos and text) and Excel (financial and integrated spreadsheets) required.
- The position is non-exempt (eligible to receive paid overtime)
- This position is designated as "hybrid/flex" in the Time Square office and may allow for both remote and on-site work. Any such position must meet the current USTA hybrid/flex requirements as updated from time to time.
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for the base salary for this position is $63,000 to $77,000/yr.; Non-Exempt. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.