League One Volleyball (LOVB) is reimagining women's sports. Launched in 2019, our company is a mission-led sports performance, training and media venture that will change the game of volleyball in the USA and empower new generations of female athletes.
It is a groundbreaking time for volleyball in the US with our historic triple Olympic Gold medals in Women's Indoor, Beach and Sitting Volleyball. Volleyball is already the #1 most played girls' youth sport. There are 38M current and former players today. Of major sports, it's the only one that is women-first (~90% of players are female). But the volleyball market has been almost entirely missed by traditional sports investors, brands, and media.
LOVB will capture this opportunity by building a foundational business with leading youth clubs in the country, which will create an avid fanbase for the best Pro League in the world and use a digital media platform that will connect all aspects of #LOVBforLife. This community-up approach will drive participation and fandom, while enabling greater empowerment for girls and young women living this amazing sport.
Senior Brand/Digital Designer role will be to interpret and implement the LOVB creative vision across a broad range of projects ranging from digital, social, presentations, merchandise. The ideal candidate will have a strong, traditional design background and be comfortable applying to digital.
A dynamic, thoughtful approach will be required as the Designer will be called on to be involved in (and balance the needs of) a wide range of projects and executions, with timelines ranging from the immediate to the long term - this is a full-time position and there will be need for some synchronous working time, but this role will allow for some flexibility around work hours.
- Designer for a broad range of projects including presentations, social media and web assets (digital and moving image skills preferred)
- Maintain the high visual standard of LOVB and assist others in maintaining this standard.
- Bring fresh ideas and approaches by combining cultural awareness with an enquiring mind.
- A passion for volleyball would be a huge asset... but not essential... (you will find one)
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 2+ years experience in Graphic Design, Digital Marketing and Advertising preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop essential)
- Working knowledge of social template platforms preferred (eg Crello, Canva)
- Attention to detail and commitment to ensuring clear and consistent brand storytelling
- Familiarity with traditional typography and print skills
- Team driven with effective written and oral communication skills
- Collaborating across the team to raise standards of creativity
- Managing time wisely to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work anywhere in the US (primarily over Zoom and digital platforms) with willingness to travel for site visits and other business- related destinations
- Reports to the Creative Director & Marketing Director
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Required)
- Graphic design: 2 years (Required)
- Social Template Platforms: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote