Ready to help level the playing field? The GIST is looking for a Senior Growth Marketer to grow our audience. This person will take charge of all growth acquisition with the main focus on growing newsletter subscribers. While this person will start in the weeds, the overarching goal is to hire someone who can grow with our company.
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and contributing directly to our company’s growth, we want to hear from you!
The GIST is a women-founded startup that creates sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans through our sports newsletters, daily social media and twice-weekly podcast.
Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Since launching across North America in September 2019, our community has grown to over 1M+ GISTers, we have worked with brands like the NBA, FanDuel and Under Armour, and our co-founding team was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 2020.
Want to join our team? We hope so. Here’s more on the Senior Growth Marketer role:
Role: Full-time Senior Growth Marketer
Reports into: Co-founder, Head of Operations, Finance & Growth
Location: Remote, North America. (GIST HQ is in Toronto with a co-working option).
Key Objective: Growing The GIST’s newsletter audience.
- Plan, execute and manage growth channels & campaigns end to end, optimizing them to meet our newsletter growth and business metrics.
- Execute on and optimize our existing growth channels: paid advertising - social media and search ads, newsletter partner (affiliate) programs and swaps, partnership marketing and contesting.
- Work closely with our 3rd party paid social advertising agency and content team to develop creative, copy and audience targeting strategies for our Facebook/Instagram & TikTok ads. Develop tests to iterate and optimize conversion across our funnel.
- Research, build relationships with, and coordinate cross promotion, giveaway and other growth partnership campaigns.
- Identify, implement and optimize untapped, efficient newsletter growth channels and strategies.
- Collaborate with our co-founder and senior analytics engineer on using data analytics and insights to optimize growth channel mix and determine where time and capital resources should be invested into growth.
- Iterate on and improve our growth processes, creating automation and efficiency across our growth function.
- In the immediate term, execute on acquisition, continue to enhance our growth function, and eventually, manage others on the growth team.
- 2-5 years of experience in growth marketing with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding growth targets.
- Experience with growing email newsletter audiences is an asset.
- Experience in startups or other high growth settings is an asset.
- Experience implementing and optimizing paid social and search campaigns.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and project manage growth channels (including cross-functionally).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Content creation skills (copywriting, content marketing, graphic design, social video production) are an asset.
- Excel and Google Suite skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Canva or other design tools is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of the sports calendar, leagues, teams and athletes will be a big asset in this role.
- You’re results-oriented and have the desire and drive to exceed targets.
- You’re a strong decision-maker. You see the big picture and take a minute to step back and think.
- You’re numbers and analytics-oriented. You’re able to understand and leverage data to inform growth decisions, at a growth strategy, channel and campaign level.
- You have a growth mindset and are excited by ambitious growth targets.
- You’re curious and empathetic to our users and their pain points.
- You always maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- You’re a genuine, empathetic, and kind team player and cross-functional collaborator.
- You’re relentlessly resourceful and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and solving problems.
- You work well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a women-founded and run, hard-working, growing and fun team that is changing the sports industry
- The opportunity work directly with a co-founder and grow your career at The GIST.
- Competitive compensation package and vacation
- Flexible location
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “YOUR NAME - Senior Growth Marketer 2023” with your one-page resume and cover letter by May 24th, 2023.
The GIST strives to make our entire hiring process as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. For any recruitment related accommodation needs and/or requests please contact us via e-mail.