SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
- Just Women’s Sports is hiring a Social Media Coordinator to join our team full-time. This role is integral to Just Women’s Sports’ continued success and growth in social media. General knowledge and passion for sports is required. Experience working in social media for a team, league, or brand is strongly preferred. In a world where women’s sports have been perennially underfunded, under-promoted, and underappreciated, Just Women’s Sports exists to shine a light on the stories, athletes and moments that define and fuel the women’s game. From jaw-dropping performances to off-court fits, we bring sports fans everything they need to see and know in the world of women’s sports.
What You’ll Do
- Quarterback the feeds: assist in scheduling and posting day to day across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Creative social maven: You will come up with and execute the best social content on the web. This includes balancing a diversified approach of graphics, video and photos.
- Cover breaking news and viral moments across the world of women’s sports via our social channels.
- Drive community management across JWS platforms — liking, commenting, inserting JWS into the conversation
- Help utilize JWS’s voice as you distribute a variety of content across platforms.
- Assist in executing tentpole content initiatives with direction from the Senior Director of Social Strategy
- Meticulously proofreading and copy checking any content being distributed on JWS socials.
- Work cross department particularly with production and editorial teams to ensure our social channels are covering/amplifying our first class storytelling
- Live coverage of select games and events (i.e WNBA Finals)
Who You Are
- At least 2+ years of professionally managing and posting on multiple social media accounts for a team, brand, or league
- You understand per channel sizing needs and can execute accordingly
- You live and breathe social and understand the importance of growth and how to get there
- A keen awareness of the JWS voice. When breaking news happens be expected to know how JWS reacts on multiple platforms.
- Nimble, meticulous, attentive, hungry – you want JWS to be first to market on trends, push the best content, and go the extra mile.
- You work quickly but efficiently. Ability to work independently and as part of a small but mighty team
- Experience identifying, cutting and packaging highlights across social channels
- Working in social means there’s an “always on mentality” – must be a skilled multi-tasker
- Detail-oriented. Amazing proofreader who always checks their work
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and deliverables
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingestion to delivery
- Experience with video editing software like Premiere and After Effects
- Intermediate Photoshop experience — a plus if you have design background
- Live by the social motto: Speed, Accuracy, Relevancy
- Down to hustle — this role requires regular nights and weekends