About the job
Built upon our storied legacy, we win on and off the field by intentionally uniting our players, alumni, teammates, and guests. We strive to create meaningful relationships and deliver a world class experience in all interactions. It is our shared responsibility to ensure that the greatness of the Raiders is in its future.
The Las Vegas Raiders are seeking a committed, organized, and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Social Media Manager. This position will be responsible not only for the day-to-day maintenance of the Raiders’ social presence, but also for the development, execution, and measurement of multi-platform digital strategies. The Social Media Manager will utilize digital channels to engage fans, provide news and updates, drive traffic to the club’s website, raise awareness of club events, marketing initiatives, and integrate sponsors. The ideal candidate is data-driven, has wide-ranging reporting and presentation skills, and displays a substantial track record of developing engaging content. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of existing and emerging social platforms, and be able to use and gain insights from analytics tools to constantly measure and elevate the team’s digital efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs the role with an ‘always on’ approach to social media, constantly monitoring and engaging current content trends, best practices, influencers and celebrities.
- Maintain the brand’s tone and voice on all social platforms.
- Oversee copywriting for all social platforms.
- Develop and execute a content strategy across all Raider social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.).
- Manages delivery of marketing, creative, digital, brand and broadcast assets for social platforms.
- Execute on all sponsorship, community and marketing activations .
- Identify brand partnership content opportunities.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure social support on all companywide initiatives.
- Determine where cross-platform efforts are appropriate and useful; execute accordingly.
- Compile, analyze, and distribute analytic reports and social media data to the internal team, regularly making recommendations, updates, and improvements to the social platforms based on your findings.
- Identify and implement incremental fan engagement and/or monetization opportunities based on site analytics and established best practices.
- Collaborate with internal team members (e.g. writers, multimedia producers, digital media) to ensure that social media platforms are executed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Cover events in real time, posting both on ground and in broadcast content.
- Plan and execute efforts to expand international reach of Raiders content .
- Serve as main point of contact for NFL social team, staying current on all available social opportunities and new technologies.
- Ability to shoot and produce short video content for digital, social and editorial distribution.
- Supervise the Social Media Content Producer, ensuring that there is ample support for both content and platform initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with digital, social media, data, copywriting, and/or strategy as a core responsibility is required.
- Minimum 3 years of working for a sports teams in a social media position is required.
- Minimum 3 years of supervision experience is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of key social media platforms and best practices including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Photoshop + Premiere.
- Prior CMS experience is a plus.
- Experience in data-driven social listening and tracking tools such as Meta Business Suite and Twitter Analytics, Omniture, CrowdTangle, Emplifi, etc.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work extended hours and flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Sitting for long periods of time throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25lbs
- Occasional walking, standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
The Las Vegas Raiders provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Posted on Jul 24, 2023.