The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Reports To: Director, Social & Brand Strategy
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
Under the direction of the Director, Social & Brand Strategy, the Social Media Manager will help construct, implement, and support the organization’s social media strategy as it pertains to the Florida Panthers. This role will be deeply involved in the day-to-day management of Panthers channels, as well as providing support to the organization’s ancillary accounts and will be an integral part of the content team to help push the Panthers’ brand forward. This role has one direct report.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of all Florida Panthers owned social media channels, including but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Managing the Social Media Coordinator and overseeing their development, tasks, and growth within in the company
- Stay up to date with relevant trends applicable to the Florida Panthers brand and ancillary accounts
- Contribute and help lead collaboration with the content team as it relates to content for all Panthers games, community events, sponsor events, NHL Draft, free agency, development camp, training camp, trade deadline, and any other related events when needed
- Collaborate with internal departments to coordinate integrated campaigns and content for theme nights, ticket or community initiatives, marketing campaigns and branded content
- Monitor relevant social conversation around the Panthers, NHL, and the current global landscape and lead community management efforts to continue engaging with and growing the Florida Panthers social audience
- Focus on brand building, awareness, and relevancy to help continue growing the Florida Panthers brand throughout the market and larger areas of influence
- Be an active part in brainstorming, creating, and executing content ideas for all company initiatives
- Assist in content management/social media consultation with all internal accounts as well as applicable player and hockey ops accounts
- Help manage relationships with other local teams, affiliates, NHL social, and vendors
One direct report.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience directly managing brand accounts
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented, with a focus on quality and consistency
- Passion for social media and sports, with a specific focus on hockey
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, trends, and strategy
- Strong hockey knowledge is preferred, particularly as it pertains to the NHL
- Experience and proficiency with all social platforms as well as social listening/analytics tools such as Blinkfire, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Zoomph, or equivalent products
- Experience using DSLR cameras and the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, but not required
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must, must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
- Must be able to maintain and abide by organizational confidentiality standards
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- A working knowledge and awareness of copyright/IP laws is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or other related field
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt (salary) position. Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.