About the job
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The TRACK at new balance is a state-of-the-art sport and special event facility. The Special Event Supervisor position is to deliver a world class experience to all guests who attend a special event held at the facility. Not only will this position be responsible for executing currently scheduled special events, put precure new events. Special events are defined as usage of the building that requires more third-party involvement than what is considered normal usage of the space.
- Flexible schedule (weekdays, weeknights, and weekends)
- Desire to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Monitor all inquiries that come into the building
- Tour potential stakeholders around the facility showing them what is possible, selling the space
- Working with TRACK Scheduler to seek out special event opportunities
- Work with TRACK Scheduler to identify events opportunities and articulate booking needs to General Manager
- Plan event logistics working with internal and external parties
- Facilitate third party conversations ensuring proper load in and load out within the building
- Ensure all facility assets are being held to a certain standard and tracked
- Submit staffing needs and supervise all part time staff during event
- Work with stakeholders and other internal departments to develop, implement and measure a best practice approach
- Execute event to the TRACK at new balance standard
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Minimum of 3 years in a lead event position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Physical dexterity and ability to move up to 50-100lbs.
- Possess strong leadership skills
Regular Associate Benefits
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Temporary associates are provided three options for medical insurance as well as dental and vision insurance and an associate discount.
Part time associates are provided 401k, short term disability, a yearly $300 lifestyle reimbursement and an associate discount.
Flexible Work Schedule
For decades we have fostered a unique culture founded on our values with a particular focus on in-person teamwork and collaboration. Our North American hybrid model encourages rich in-person experiences, showcasing our commitment to teamwork and connection, while maintaining flexibility for associates. New Balance Associates currently work in office three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). Our offices are fully open, and amenities are available across our North American office locations. To continue our focus on hybrid work we have introduced “Work from Anywhere” (WFA) for four weeks per calendar year. This model will help us enhance our culture while continuing to maintain elements of flexibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.