About the job
Sports Business Immersion Diversity Intern
Department: Human Resources
Supervisor: Representative, Human Resources
The Sports Business Immersion Diversity Internship is a 11-week program over the course of the summer, offering hands-on experience in different departments across the organization. This internship program was created to provide a full learning experience in the world of sports. The program provides interns with the opportunity to grow professionally and get a unique exposure to the sports industry. The goal of our program is to provide job training, guidance, career development, and a positive learning experience.
The SBID program aims to educate and expose underrepresented groups to the sports industry promoting a level playing field for all.
- Participating Departments:
- Marketing & Communications
- Ticket Sales & Services
- Corporate Partnerships
- Stadium Operations
- Business Strategy & Analytics
- Risk Management
- Hosting departments are subject to change.
The commitment dates of this internship are May 23 rd to August 09 th (11 weeks).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Network and build relationships with other interns, department leaders, and team colleagues.
- Rotate through various departments, allowing interns to have exposure to real business projects and gain hands-on experience in several areas of the organization.
- Receive guidance and feedback surrounding professionalism on the job, building relationships through positive interactions, and testimonials on experiences within the organization.
- Participate in engagement activities such as Lunch & Learns and Panels to gain more knowledge on personal career development and the benefits of working with the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Currently pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university.
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Curious and passionate about gaining experience across different departments.
- Be able to work evenings or weekends if required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office platforms.
This job operates mostly in an office and stadium setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
This is a sedentary and mobile role. The individual will be moving throughout the ballpark daily.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly talk or hear; stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift and reach for long periods of time and use hands/fingers to complete work duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. The ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 15 lbs. and pull heavy carts of product throughout the facility may be required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
There may be minimal travel opportunities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.