Sports Social Media Internships: NYC- Summer 2023 - Warner Bros. Discovery
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10
We have multiple sports social media internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the New York City area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This Could Include, But Is Not Limited To
- Bleacher Report Social Producer
- House of Highlights Social Production
- House of Highlights Social Strategy
- House of Highlights Social Programming
Duties Could Include
- Consuming all content and identifying opportunities for optimization, strategic re-distribution, and other learnings
- Ideating new creative and platform opportunities, including creator relationships and white space
- Assist in refreshing sales/brand materials, flagging needs for analytics updates, imagery and case-studies as needed
- Discover and curate social content that aligns with brand pillars and engages with the Gen Z audience and grow social media following
- Collaborate with other programming groups to align on voice and ensure differentiation across other media outlets
- Pitch ideas and concepts that can help amplify women in sports and culture
- Deep knowledge and passion across all social media platforms (particularly Instagram, YouTube and TikTok)
- Editing/Content creation experience a plus. Managing and growing your own YT/TKT/IG channel a plus
- Real familiarity with Bleacher Report, House of Highlights, HighlightHER brand
- Proactive, not afraid to pitch ideas and break the status quo
- Team player, can take constructive criticism
- Passion for sports
- Superb organizational and communications skills
- Extensive knowledge of men’s and women’s sports (NBA, WNBA, NCAA, etc)
- Experience in content creation, production or media a plus
- Ambitious college student with a strong voice and go-getter attitude
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
- Experience with presenting
- Willing and able to work night and weekend hours
- Experience using Google Software (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, etc) and editing tools
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And Finally, What To Know Before Applying
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity .
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
- I n compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $25 per hour USD for graduate level interns.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.