About the job
Wasserman is a global leader in sports, music, entertainment and culture. Founded in 2002, Wasserman represents many of the world’s most iconic sports and entertainment figures, musical artists, creators, brands and properties, empowering them to shape culture and captivate audiences worldwide.
Wasserman works with iconic sports and media figures across the world in every major sport, utilizing our extensive influence to maximize negotiations and create meaningful opportunities for our clients across teams, leagues, brands, content and live events.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman operates globally across 27 countries and more than 62 cities, including New York, London, Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Madrid, Mexico City, Toronto, Paris and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.teamwass.com.
Please note: This is an unpaid internship. Candidates must be eligible to receive college credit as compensation for this internship. Candidates selected to move forward in the interview process will need to submit proof of eligibility to receive academic credit for their time interning with Wasserman, and will be disqualified if they are unable to do so.
Day-to-day Duties Include
- Assist in targeted marketing outreach efforts for client roster.
- Assist in digital marketing - including social media and websites.
- Conduct research on prospective clients.
- Research potential sponsorship opportunities in specific categories for clients.
- Assists as necessary with the maintenance of client relationships. Miscellaneous duties as needed geared to keep the client satisfied and certain that the company has only the client’s best interests in mind.
- Assist department as necessary with special projects or tasks with a special focus on client charitable projects and interests.
- Must be able to earn college credit for internship
- College degree currently in progress, preferably majoring in a sports-related field.
- Passion for sports and business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluent in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok).
- Well-developed communication, organizational and time management skills, as well as basic administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
- Articulate, excellent communication and diplomacy skills to resolve client issues.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Displays indications of being loyal and trustworthy with the organization and clients.
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships.
- Must be able to come into our LA based office 2x per week.
- Must be able to receive college credit
The spring internship program runs from January 22, 2024 - April 26, 2024
Educational Benefit to Student:
Interns will attain a rewarding learning experience by interning for a large sports/entertainment company, as well as learning the importance of business organization and management. They will make connections with industry leaders to obtain exposure to the strategies behind digital management and marketing in sports.