About the job
Do you want to work for a Championship organization? We have the job for you! The Miami HEAT Corporate Partnership Team is seeking a Sr. Director! The Sr. Director, Corporate Partnership Sales focuses on managing the sales team (2-4 full-time salespeople) and generating new Corporate Partnerships for the HEAT Group through local, national, and international marketing partnerships. This position is responsible for new business in the form of multi-year, significant revenue sponsorship deals. Responsibilities include the creation of customized partnership programs and the development and implementation of strategic sales practices.
Must be multifaceted, outgoing, and self-motivated with a consistent track record in developing and selling corporate partnerships and the ability to produce individual results within the context of a collaborative group sales force.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, managing, mentoring, scheduling, and training a team of 2-4 full-time salespeople. The position will spend more than 50% of the time managing staff. Host weekly 1:1 meetings with each sales rep to discuss new business activity, progress toward sales goals, etc.
- Determine annual new business sales goals with approval from the VP of Corporate Partnerships
- Personally, generate $2.0M per year in new sales
- Responsible for hiring, firing, receiving employee complaints, handling disciplinary action, and evaluating the performance of the staff.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive sales activity against key categories through research, prospecting, meetings, networking events, trade shows, etc.
- Focus on new business activity in local, regional, and national geographies.
- Develop and implement a professional sales presentation that conveys an outstanding proposition and is customized with benefits to meet target audience goals.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and manage activity in CRM.
- Provide weekly evaluation of progress against set goals; reporting may include call/meeting reports, prospect lists, and other sales-related information.
- Achieve networking, market trips, and local market event appearance benchmarks
- Develop sales plans for prospects through an objective-based approach with creative platforms across HEAT Group and Arena assets
- Special Projects or other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or equivalent; and/or ten years of Corporate Sponsorship Sales experience. The ideal candidate would be very organized and detailed. Able to meet tight deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced, fluid environment while balancing multiple tasks at once. Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP