Date: Sep 20, 2022
Location: Remote, US
Company: Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Sr. Manager of Customer & Product Analytics will be responsible for guiding a team of analysts who are responsible for supporting our global functional product owners (CRM, Loyalty, UA.com, UA Shop App, DTC Retail etc) by using data science and analytics to provide them with insights to help optimize their business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn the business problems/challenges of our product owners & recommend data driven experiments/analysis to help solve for them
- Partner with our Global Data Management & Engineering teams to ensure we have the right data in the right form for analysis
- Run complex data analysis tasks to synthesize large volumes of data turnings statistics into insights (e.g audience segmentation, cohort analysis, product feature analysis, content performance)
- Become masters of key data sets which includes: data transformation & scripting, anomaly detection and partnering with engineering on necessary correction modeling
- Recommend and validate design experiments such as A/B tests and implement measurement plans to evaluate outcomes
- Own the metrics, calculations and requisite reporting views to support reporting needs of our product stakeholders
- Partner with our advance analytics team of data scientists to develop predictive/prescriptive models (LTV, Churn, Propensity etc)
- Turn stats into stories
- Generate insights from reporting and analytics
- Lead team in investigating data anomalies to determine their sources and implications for a specific vertical and/or a set of cross-application features. Where needed, generate adjustments to aggregated results to compensate for erroneous data reporting.
- Partner with product owners to run test and learn pilots to iterate and scale product enhancements specifically providing statistical rigor and expertise to the determination of experiment outcomes
- Develop & recommend key metrics &. Data visualizations to support and optimize business. Lead read/react meetings to ensure outcomes/insights are driving the business
- Automating tasks that reveal themselves to be needed on regular cadences
- Supporting ad hoc data analytic requests as needed
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Proficient at SQL, Visualization
- Proficient scripting (Python), statistical packages (R, SciPy)
- Problem solving.
- Critical/skeptical thinking.
- Effective communication.
Education And / Or Experience
- BA or BS in Analytical field (math/statistics, business, social/hard sciences, CS)
- 8+ years of professional experience in a related field.
- Significant experience with data manipulation/querying/visualization.
- The expectation is that the team member will come in with a proficient understanding of relational databases and the SQL query language. They should have a working understanding of probability and statistics. Proficiency with statistical packages and scripting tools are beneficial to the role.
- Location: This position is fully remote.
- Return To Work Designation: Fully Remote
- Travel: N/A
- No Relocation Provided
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here.
Nearest Major Market: Eugene