Stadium & Complex Operations Intern | Summer 2023
Stadium & Complex Operations Intern
The Stadium Operations/Complex Operations intern will work directly with the Stadium Operations and Complex Management Departments to assist with scheduling, organizing, and coordinating of all events at Toyota Stadium and Soccer Center, with an emphasis on event day logistics. Event day logistics include locker room set-up, table and chair set-up, and pre-game operations. This internship is designed to give students an overall view of the daily operations of a Major League Soccer Stadium and Complex that is in use over 300 days a year.
This internship will allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports and entertainment industry. All candidate hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule. Some nights, weekends, and holidays will be required.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the Stadium Operations Department with game day operations to include set up, tear down and event management.
- Assist with coordination among other departments to ensure that all day of game set-up, giveaways, signage, etc. are met effectively.
- Help coordinate, plan, and oversee soccer events, concerts, tournaments & other special events at Toyota Stadium and Soccer Center.
- Facilitate any visiting team’s needs; oversee all specific requests, working with various departments to facilitate those requests.
- Facilitate requests made by front office staff, vendors, League officials and others as needed.
- Developing timelines, itineraries, and checklists prior to events.
- Assist with compliance in accreditation and parking for Staff and Volunteers.
- Coordinate pre-game events on the field in accordance with MLS rules and regulations.
- Resolve customer service issues or work with supervisors if unable to do so alone.
- Observe complex fields to ensure safety procedures, security procedures and equipment usage procedures are followed.
- Update & maintain schedules for staff, complex and field usage.
- Develop and maintain all proper documentation & files for events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Helpful and courteous to all vendors, guests, and staff.
- Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and walk extended distances across the stadium and complex.
- Capable of working in outdoor weather conditions to include wet, hot, or humid environments.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
- Must be an active college student.
- Must receive college credit for internship with our company.
- Required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date with FC Dallas.
- Excellent interpersonal plus verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and technology skills to include Excel and Word.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Knowledge about the sport of Soccer preferred.