About the job
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Assistant, Stadium Operations
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This is a two-team state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
As a member of the Stadium Operations Team, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. In this role, you will assist management with the safe and efficient operation of The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches all while creating a fun and friendly atmosphere as we strive to deliver enjoyable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists management with gameday operations and procedures.
- Assists with scheduling and supervision of gameday operations staff by training to and maintaining ballpark standards, policies and procedures under the direction of management.
- Ensures Ballpark stays “game-ready.”
- Assists with opening and closing procedures.
- Assists in preparing parking lists for all Spring Training games.
- Acts as a contact for designated third-party companies.
- Assists guest relations and promotions departments as necessary.
- Stays up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Assists with various facilities and cleaning projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university.
- Must be willing to work at minimum 30-40 hours/week and longer hours during the month of March.
- Basic knowledge of PC based computer applications, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to use time efficiently.
- Strong customer service skills and be available to work long hours during the season.
- A passion for working with and helping people.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Must demonstrate ability to be resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
This job operates in both an outdoor and office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
- Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
- Position may require standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and/or climbing up/down stairs or ladders.
- May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 50lbs on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Travel: Travel is not expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.