Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.
Camp Counselors will utilize the game of basketball to enthusiastically provide a positive and educational experience to boys and girls in grades 2 – 9 in a summer basketball camp environment.
Camp Counselor Dates: This position will start in May 2023 – September 2023.
We are seeking for a team member with a positive upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population!
Camp Counselors will report to the director of Youth Engagement and Development full time staff.
- Teaching fundamental basketball skills to youth of all ages
- Be a positive example/role model for youth throughout the state of Michigan
- Work all Pistons Academy camps/clinics
- Assist with event day preparation/break down, including copying and organizing materials and equipment
- Assist with on-court execution of Pistons Academy programming
- Must be at least a junior in high school or older
- Basketball playing, coaching and/or officiating experience suggested but not required
- Ability to teach the game with enthusiasm
- Must be highly energetic, extremely motivated, and dependable
- Comfortable with speaking in front of large groups
- Exceptional professionalism and polish in demeanor and appearance
- Ability to do some heavy lifting of equipment (25-35 pounds)
- This position currently is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination and booster requirement.
- Salary: $200 - $400 a week
- Do you have full time availability between 8:00am – 3:30pm during the week?
- Do you have housing in the Metro Detroit area?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- What grade will you be entering Fall 2023?
The Detroit Pistons organization is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from public health authorities and our medical advisors, we require that all Pistons employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for exemptions to accommodate individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
$200 - $400 a week